A Nun? Who would have guessed?

As most of you know by now, I"m an over the road truck driver. The other day I went to a Truck Stop Chapel and attended the Truckers Bible Study.

I was there early and visiting with the Chaplin and the other drivers before the Bible Study. Then at the begining of the Bible Study The Truckers Chaplin smiled and said, “Today is the first time we’ve ever had a Nun attended our Bible Study.” (keep in mind the Bible Studies at the Truckers Chapels are open to everyone.) Since I was the only lady driver there I knew he had to be talking about me.

I smiled and said, “You think I"m a Nun?” He said, “Yes, well aren’t you?” I replied, “No, but I’ll take that as a complement.”

I guess he thought I was a Nun because I had on a long dress, my saint’s bracelet on one wrist and my crusifix bracelet on my other wrist. I also had on a lady’s cap. Since some Nuns now days can wear “street clothes” I guess he thought that’s what I was.

He smiled and said, “You’re not a Nun? Well yes you should take that as a Complement.”

Just thought I’d share this experience.

Well, thanks for sharing! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Haha, cute. :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.