A Panic Attack

I’m so frightened right now, I’m having a panic attack, or an anxiety attack, worse than ever, I can’t sleep, it’s 3 A.M. and I have to drive to my mom’s tomorrow which is an 1hr away, we’re leaving at 7:30 and I’ve gotten not one minute of sleep. I am trembling, my heart is racing, and I’m so afraid and I don’t know what I’m afraid of, I just am, please help me. It’s agonizing, the fear. I feel like I’m being smothered by an entity, the fear is so emmense!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Holding you in my prayers.

Prayers to St Dymphna, the patroness of those with nervous disorders.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Dear Jesus,
Protect and guard The Catholic as he sleeps. Give him Your peace.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Lord, please help this person suffering from terrible panic attacks. May he/she find comfort during those difficult times of anxiety by praying to the Blessed Mother for her help and for her motherly care. May he/she find some things he/she can repeat to himself/herself during those difficult times of suffering like Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love you save souls; I offer up this suffering for souls; please help me get through this. Amen.

Lord will you please guide this person to seek whatever help is needed to deal with these anxiety issues before they grow further. We cannot always deal with these anxiety issues evident in both recent threads, without understanding of what is happening, and seeking of the help or treatment that will help resolve or to manage the underlying problems.Lord have mercy and console and help this dear person.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hope my prayers aren’t too late, but praying right now that you are well, at peace, and safe…
Amen

There is no need to have been afraid. Panic Attacks occur to many people, myself included. A GP is a good person to see about this if it continues strongly like that.

The Devil wants you to fear and so is truly smouthering you into fear, you have calm down and to pray the Hail Mary 3 times(in a row). It will calm you down and you will feel her loving presence stop your worries.

O mary, concieved without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, and especially those in most need of thy mercy lord, Amen.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Son

Dear Catholic:

What I do when I’m anxious and I can’t sleep is I start reciting the Rosary SLOWLY and quietly. I picture myself crawling into my mother’s lap (remember, the blessed Virgin is our Mother) and I start by allowing my breathing to quiet & slow down…

The Creed - Slowly while breathing in and out, slowly & rhythmically
3 Hail Marys’ - Also slowly while breathing in and out, slowly & rhythmically.
Glory be - Same as above
Fatima Prayer (“O My Jesus”) - Same as Above
1st Mystery (Of the day is OK) name & describe SLOWLY & contemplate briefly (a couple of minutes).
Lord’s Prayer - Pray slowly breathing rhythmically as above
10 Hail Mary’s - Each one SLOWLY while breathing in and out, slowly & rhythmically.
Glory Be - Slowly & Rhythmically as above
Fatima Prayer - Slowly & Rhythmically as above
2nd Mystery (of the Day) - same as 1st Mystery of the day.
Repeat Cycle IF needed…
3rd Mystery (of the Day) - same as the 1st 2 Mysteries of the Day - Slowly & Steadily…
Repeat Cycle from above, IF NEEDED…

I usually fall soundly asleep before the 2nd Mystery. Only once have I made it all of the way through the Rosary before I fell asleep, and this is what I use when I’m anxious and can’t sleep.

I think 1/2 of the calming effect comes from seeking shelter in the our Mother, and the other 1/2 comes from saying the prayers steadily and slowly, while breathing in and out rhythmically. Try this & tell me how this works.

Remember, *"*God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." (2 Tim 1:7 ESV) God doesn’t intend for you to be full of fear but rather to be full of FAITH. Remember, God loves you and will never forget you, because you are His and you are precious to Him.

Your Brother and Servant in Christ, Michael

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death
Amen.
:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.