A pastor apologizes to gays, abortion patients

This story is getting a lot of play here in Atlanta.

11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=113686

Admittedly, I don’t know much about this church or its pastor (the sermon hasn’t occurred yet), but it sounds rather wishy-washy to me. There must be some way to express what proper Christian behavior is (used in here in a “Mere Christianity” sense) without falling into sentimentalism or incoherent ranting. I wish I knew how the word “ministering” is being used in this article.

:slight_smile:

Good for him

Do you honestly think that Jesus would have supported abortion or apologized to people for his followers opposing the murder of unborn children?

What is your point in being on these forums? All you ever post are snide little "good for them"s or thumbs up signs when there is an article about someone publicly sinning. Why do unrepentant sinners receive your support and congratulations?

In Christ,
Rand

Your rudeness is so christ like. I simply have a different opinion, deal with it. I do.
:slight_smile:

I suppose you think your sarcasm is Christ like?

No, but what sarcasm are you talking about?
:confused:

That sarcasm.

Ahhh, I see. Yes, that was unchrist like. I apologize

The old my opinion is as correct as any other syndrome.

Your opinion differs from Christ’s. Thought you were 4 Him? Or just ‘in name only?’ That appears to be what it is.

I believe Christ is pro-love, therefore he is pro-gay IMO, and I also believe he wouldn’t want people to be so hostile towards abortion patients, but forgiving.

Christ of course is pro-love. Don’t subject who He is to your own agenda. WWJD? Love the sinner, hate the sin. Therefore, He would love gay people, but He wouldn’t tell them that what they were doing is okay.

Same with those who have gotten abortions. (Abortion patients? Makes it sound like they had surgery for something life-threatening or something. I had surgery, I don’t want to share the title with those who had unnecessary murder performed in their bodies.) Love the sinner, hate the sin.

He wouldn’t be pro-gay behavior.

His advice to the woman who was about to be stoned for adultery, after chastising the crowd, was to “go and sin **no more.”

**While he rightfully chastised the crowd for taking the law into their hands, he also advised her to stop sinning.

I have to disagree with you here, I believe he would tell them it was ok.

Then my suggestion is for you to read John 8:1-11, particularly the last verse.

It doesn’t address homosexuality, but does address Jesus telling someone not to sin anymore.

It has been sad to watch your progression on CAF. When you first came here you were sincerely searching for answers and guidance about homsoexual tendencies. Now you proudly proclaim you have embraced this sin and lecture anyone who dares disagree with you.

Being a homosexual troll(your term) is not going to make homosexual behavior any lesss sinfull. Claiming Jesus approves of homosexual behavior is not going to make it any less sinful.

I am not going to have to deal with your opinion-sooner or later you, however, will.

Perhaps I will.

You will-You will be in my prayers.

How can you say this and truly believe it? Do these verses have to be shown to you again? You are surely entitled to your opinion, but you must know that homosexuality is explicitly addressed in the Bible. To hold your opinion you must blatently deny these verses are in the Bible.

Lev. 18:22

“You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination.”

Lev 20:13

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.

1 Cor. 6:9

Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor idolaters nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor sodomites

(a sodomite is a person that either has unnatural, oral, anal, or beast sex link)

1 Tim 1:9-10

…with the understanding that law is meant not for a righteous person but for the lawless and unruly, the godless and sinful, the unholy and profane, those who kill their fathers or mothers, murderers, the unchaste, practicing homosexuals, kidnapers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is opposed to sound teaching,

Do these verses not dissuade your opinion? I assume your are genuine in your faith.

He wasn’t rude, but I see you managed to dodge it completely, by claiming he was rude and not answering.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.