A Personal Plea

I do not know where to turn to, so I go here.

My faith is weak. In all honesty, I don't know that I have ever truly believed before. I have never known what that means. I have an intellectual understanding of why God must exist, of why Jesus is his son, and how he saved humanity, but I cannot say that I have ever felt any of this. I have such doubt. All of my understanding is in my head, and not in my heart. I seek God, I truly do.

Please, if it is appropriate (because I don't even know that it is), pray for me, Taylor C., that my faith may grow and that I might truly believe.

Thank you

(And please, if anyone has any guidance they feel is not appropriate for the boards, send me a message)

Taylor,

I will pray for you. Pray and ask God for the faith if you have not already done so. Remember that we must ask Him for these things.

Matthew 7:7-8, "Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."

Those are the words of Our Lord Himself. He does not say it "may," but that it "will!" Later on He also says we do not have because we do not ask. Never fail to ask.

God's blessing on your journey of faith,
Tracy

Taylor,

I believe you’re on the right track. Pray for faith and understanding. Pray that God is near to you. I will also keep your intentions in my prayers…

It sounds to me as if you are spiritually dry, not faithless. Praying for your faith to increase Taylor through good works ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Lord, I pray that Aryus can have an increase in faith and feel your presence. I know that you put us through times of spiritual dryness for learning, but we are weak. Please give Aryus strength to get through this time. Amen.

Aryus, you may want to make your own form of a 'God do you exist prayer'. I have heard of non-believers praying something like 'God, if you exist give me a sign'. Maybe something like 'I believe you exist God, but can you please let me feel your presence more. I am weak and do not want to fall away from you. Help me please.' Or something like that. Put your fears into his hands. Also, I feel most spiritually dry when I am alone (over the summers our church drops off almost all ministries). Without others to share my faith with, I feel lost. If you can, it may help to get involved in a small faith group or even just talk with some other believers.

Praying hard for you.

Taylor, I am praying for you.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done, on earth as it as it is in heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive
those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.