A Picture of Pope John Paul II

I have had this picture of Pope John Paul II for several years everytime I look at this picture it always gives me hope, comfort, and joy and I thought I would share it with all of you.

• On the bottom it states, “In the love of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, I bless each one of you, and pray for the peace and happiness of your families, your bands, and your nations…”

Pope John Paul II at Ft. Simpson, Northwest Territories on September 20, 1987.

Tekakwitha Conference National Center
P.O. Box 6768
Great Falls, MT 59406-6768
Phone: 406.727.0147
FAX: 406.452.9845

E-Mail: tekconf@gmail.com

tekconf.org/index.html

“goforgoal” Awesome! Thanks for posting this beautiful picture of Pope John Paul II.

It was extremely significant to me… because I have a great devotion to the Servant of God, Pope John Paul II… AND also because I’m part Native American (Iroquois). And because of this, I also have a love for Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha.

Here’s another angle of the shot:
Explore bedliterrier

God bless you and thanks for sharing it.

MarieVeronica :slight_smile:

He always looks so holy no matter what he is doing! :smiley:

Thanks so much Go For The Goal for this LOVELY picture of John Paul The Great!!! I also have a special devotion to both him and Kateri so this picture is especially significant to me as well. :thumbsup:

Kathy

MarieVeronica & Irish Kathy- You’re welcome and May God reward you both.

The picture of our Pope John Paul II is surrounded by other Holy pictures I have which includes Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Oh how I love this man.

-Jeanne

Whoa! That is such a cool picture! That’s up there with the picture of him with the statue of Our Lady of Fatima, and the way the statue is turned toward him, it looks like She’s turning to him and talking to him. And the picture of him before his election to the Papacy, where he’s wearing an old-school coat-style cassock and sunglasses and a black hat: I playfully refer to this one as the “On a Mission from God” picture.

Have you guys seen the “Xtreme Papa” photo? I love this picture too! I believe it was taken before he was Pope (he may have been bishop or cardinal); and I’m pretty sure it was taken in Greece. They erased the background, to print it on T-shirts… but the original photo, you can see that he is walking through some ancient ruins.

http://www.aquinasandmore.com/images/items/61164sm.jpg

If you ever make a visit to upstate New York, you should go here:

katerishrine.com/

:slight_smile:

Nice picture of JPII. It almost looks like he’s floating or something doesn’t it? It must be the angle of the shot. :slight_smile:

MarieVeronia- I’m not really sure if I told you (or anyone for that matter) I’m part Native American (Plains Cree).

Thank you for sharing the photo of Pope John Paul II.

“Pope wearing sunglasses (actual photo from 1946; the year he became a priest).” quoted from:

catholicshopper.com/products/t-shirts.html

I also like the picture of him wearing his Brown Scapular (I wear one also) and the one of him with Mother Teresa.

Belle10-Thank you for the website. Here is a website from Prince Albert, SK., Canada

katerihouse.com/

I thank the Lord, that He sent us two wonderful people “Saints on Earth” and just think both are Praying for us all.

Thank you Belle! I would love to go there! The Iroquois, are part of the Mohawk Nation… which Blessed Kateri belonged to. Hence, her name… “Lily of the Mohawks”.

But more than that… I’d love to see Blessed Kateri canonized! It is long overdo!

“goforgoal” No, I don’t think you mentioned that you also, are part Native American! It is something that I’m very proud of. I’m sure you, as well. God bless you!

The Visitation Order from Snellville, GA. sent me this beautiful photo of our Blessed Pope John Paul II in Prayer.

When I first started my jouney (discerning) I wrote to a lot of religious orders and it so happened that The Visitation Order was one of them. God bless Sr. Mary Immaculata Collins, VHM and all of the Sisters for there help and prayers.

The following websites are about The Visitation Order in Snellville, GA.

kellywegelphoto.blogspot.com/2007/08/story-monastic-life.html

georgiabulletin.org/local/1984/07/19/a/

georgiabulletin.org/local/1999/06/03/h

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.