A place where everyone agrees

Here and here are places where everyone agrees.

It is interesting to see the old traditions hold firm, even to the point of using language that originated in the 16th century.

And the paranoia and distrust abound!

Sub

What is it that they all agree on?

From the dozen or so posts I read it would be that they hate the Catholic Church?

Chuck

Well, Charlie, it ain’t quite a debate, now is it?

Hate the Catholic Church? I’ll say!

Sub

Yeppers.

Apparently I just “thought” some of the folks that post here are anti-Catholic.

We apparently get the kinder gentler anti-Catholics here.

Chuck

LOL scary but true!

Wow… just wow… You guys do realize that any dissenters to their opinion would be kicked off the boards immediately right???

I agree with the last poster on that one, I used to post at grace centered, during the week of easter the place turned into a lynch mob, staff was right in the middle of it all with their anti catholic agenda’s. I watched us Catholics get picked off one by one, getting banned for defending the church, when I spoke to the admin, telling him to reign in his staff, he banned me as well. I decided I had enough of dealing with anti-catholics, joined this board and haven’t looked back. :thumbsup:

Wow! I checked out those links. They definitely have demons to deal with… I wouldn’t last 10 minutes before getting the boot.

have you tried to Post there?

We can’t! They have really strict membership requirements such as Church affiliation, etc. I would never be able to get a username.

Plus, given their language and attitude, it would be fruitless. Much better to simply pray for them.

Subrosa,
2 thoughts:

1. I don’t think the mods like us linking to other boards. They’re worried about swarming.
  2. Folks like that deserve to be ignored. That’s what I do.

Jon

These people are so spiritually ignorant and deceived by hatred and consumed by bigotry that it will become impossible for anyone to even reason with them on an intellectual level.

Prayer is not sufficient - these people need an exorcism with the full authority of a priest or bishop to cast out the demons that control them and sear their natural consciences.

James

Checked out the sites and think they can serve as an instance where good can come forth from what is bad. The nasty negativity of those posts can serve to motivate others to avoid such speech and strive instead to be charitable when expressing oneself.

Whenever someone gets nasty on this forum, I end up checking their profile - praying that it won’t be a Catholic. Recall some saint saying something like - “If you can’t say something good about someone, don’t say anything at all.”

Nita

Actually I don’t think The Church has sainted Bambi and friends yet.

From Bambi circa 1942:

Thumper: He doesn’t walk very good, does he?
Mrs. Rabbit: Thumper!
Thumper: Yes, mama?
Mrs. Rabbit: What did your father tell you this morning?
Thumper: [clears throat] If you can’t say something nice… don’t say nothing at all.

:thumbsup:
James

I’ve decided “not to say anything at all”. :slight_smile:

but you already did 2 times… :wink:

James

:thumbsup:

I hope they’re not Lutheran, also. And I like the quote, too, nomatter who said it. :slight_smile:
Jon

The Cure’ of Ars (St. John Vianney) had some good advice along this line also:

“If something uncharitable is said in your presence, either speak in favor of the one absent, or withdraw, or if possible stop the conversation.”

That was St. “Thumper’s Father” from Bambi.

HeHe.

Chuck

Strike 3. :wink:

James

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.