A Prayer Answered!

CAF:

I just wanted to share with you all what happened to me this morning at Mass. Up until today, it had been about three weeks since my last confession, and two weeks since being able to take the Eucharist. I’ve been immensely frustrated, since it’s rare I’m away from confession for more than a week or two.

As we opened Mass, I silently prayed a short prayer for my family, and asked God to give me the opportunity for Confession so that I might receive Him today. I prayed the same prayer last night, and I was up early this morning trying to get to the church 30 minutes before Mass to confess. Since the priest was late, I wasn’t able to confess before Mass, and so I prayed.

After Mass I hung around and one of our sisters, who knew I needed to confess, introduced me to Father and asked if he could administer the sacrament. We sat in the front pew after everyone had left, I confessed, and asked him if I could take Communion. He didn’t have the key to the tabernacle, but our deacon was still there, so he opened the tabernacle and gave me the Eucharist.

I just thought I’d share my little miracle. God does answer prayers, and sometimes very quickly! :smiley:

Nice to hear stories like this.

How wonderful to hear of God’s answer to your prayer. I cannot wait until I am able to receive Our Lord in the Eucharist, hopefully feeling as special as you must have felt this morning!

Yes it is nice to here such stories.
Peace in Christ,
Mary

Wonderful!

That’s why I started to pray again.

One of the hardest things I’ve had to learn coming into the Church was that silence can sometimes be answer to a prayer. Of course, sometimes when God is withdrawn from us we are he culprit, but other times he is purifying our love, asking us to draw closer to Him. I think of this every time I have had to miss Communion, or when I am just not “feeling” it.

Even when we are hurting, our feelings cannot change the reality that Jesus is present in the Eucharist, that He is with us always. He always answers prayers, just not in the ways we expect.

Shout to the Lord, all the earth.
Serve the Lord with joy; come before him with singing.
Know that the Lord is God. He made us, and we belong to him; we are his people, the sheep he tends.
Come into his city with songs of thanksgiving and into his courtyards with songs of praise. Thank him and praise his name.
The Lord is good. His love is forever, and his loyalty goes on and on.

:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.