A 'prayer chain,' for 'Pro-Life Reflections for Every Day'

November 26

"A kingdom of truth and life, a kingdom of holiness and grace, a kingdom of justice, love, and peace…" (Preface, Liturgy of Christ the King)
Reflection: Jesus is Lord, not only of individuals, but of nations and the entire universe. All history finds its fulfillment in him. The Dominion of Christ over all creation is shown in the fact that he has conquered death. That is why his followers are pro-life. They bear witness to his kingdom, and look forward to his Second Coming.
Prayer: Lord Jesus, you are King of all creation. Continue to extend your victory over death through the faithful work of your disciples. Amen.

http://www.priestsforlife.org/pro-life-reflections/

November 27

“When you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide my eyes from you; even if you offer many prayers, I will not listen. Your hands are full of blood” (Isaiah 1:15).
Reflection: Some abortion advocates call themselves “Prayerfully pro-choice.” The implication here is that they have consulted God about a procedure that dismembers little babies, and have found it to be OK. This is using faith against reason. The God who gives us faith also gives us common sense. Nothing that truly comes from God is ever going to tolerate the killing of innocent human beings.
Prayer: Lord, may we never use our religion to justify sin. Amen.

November 28

"Like a boil that can never be cured so long as it is covered up but must be opened with all its ugliness to the natural medicines of air and light, injustice must be exposed, with all the tension its exposure creates, to the light of human conscience and the air of national opinion before it can be cured" (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Letter from Birmingham Jail, April 1963).
Reflection: The injustice of abortion is hidden. We must expose it through pictures and descriptions of the procedure and testimonies of those wounded by it.
Prayer: Lord, you are the light that exposes darkness. May we expose and overcome evil. Amen.

November 29

"To anyone who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne" (Revelation 3:21).
Reflection: Milwaukee police found children were throwing things off a bridge one day. When the police asked the children what they were throwing, they answered, “Little people.” The police then saw the small containers of tiny babies that had been aborted in a nearby abortion clinic and left in the garbage bin. The destiny of the human person is the heights of heaven. That’s why we can’t ignore it when people are thrown in the garbage.
Prayer: Lord, may your awesome promise to humanity inspire our pro-life efforts. Amen.

source: Priests For Life

November 30

"God greatly increased the number of his people and made them too strong for their foes" (Psalm 105:24).
Reflection: Dr. Joseph Chamie, Director of the Population Division at the United Nations, has said, “A growing number of countries view their low birth rates with the resulting population decline and ageing to be a serious crisis, jeopardizing the basic foundations of the nation and threatening its survival.” Keep this in mind the next time someone talks to you about over-population.
Prayer: Lord, continue to make your people fruitful. Bless all nations with the gift of life and the joy of welcoming it. Amen.
source: http://www.priestsforlife.org/pro-life-reflections/

December 1

"The program of Jesus is “a heart which sees”. This heart sees where love is needed and acts accordingly" (Pope Benedict XVI, God is Love ).
Reflection: What can you do to stop abortion? One of the first things is to be sure you know, by memory, a phone number that people can call for alternatives to abortion and healing after abortion. The national hotline number 1-800-712-HELP connects people to both kinds of help nearest to where they live. Promote this number in any way you can!
Prayer: Father, make me ready to point people to where they can find help, and courageous to speak up when they need it. Amen.

December 2

"‘Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears’ …declares the Lord…'There is hope for your future" (Jeremiah 31:16-17).
Reflection: A woman writes of her abortion, “It was gruesome. I looked over and could see body parts floating in a sea of blood. I was 10 weeks pregnant. The canister was right next to my head. I screamed and screamed. The nurse covered it. It changed my life forever. I could never look at children after that without crying. I did become a Christian…I know God has forgiven me.”
Prayer: Lord, send repentance and forgiveness on all who have had abortions. Hear their cries; fill them with new hope. Amen.

Jesus I trust in You. Amen.

Prayer for Advent

(Click here for Spanish – En Español)

God of Life,
We rejoice in the promise of your coming.

You have sent your Son, born in Bethlehem.
He is the Prince of Peace, and
The one in whose name all oppression shall cease.

May we welcome his coming each day
And prepare for his coming at the end of time.
May we build a culture that welcomes him
By welcoming every child, born and unborn.

We pray through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.

source: http://www.priestsforlife.org/novenas/novena.aspx?id=16

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death, Amen.

Eternal Father, I offer you the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, Our Lord, Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world. x10

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

December 3

"No one can tame the tongue…With it we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God" (James 3:8-9).
Reflection: In the efforts to oppress various segments of humanity, dehumanizing language is always used. The unborn have been called “parasites,” “tissue,” and other non-personal names. Such language not only degrades persons, but dishonors the One who made them in his image. The Culture of Life demands language that ennobles and honors.
Prayer: Guard our tongues, Lord God, that what we say about human lives may always honor them and you. Amen.

December 4

"You must be prepared, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him." - Mathew 24:44
Reflection: The word “Advent” means “coming” and the season focuses on the coming for Christ at the end of time, and then on Him first coming at Christmas. The joy of Advent is joined by a strong warning that we must prepared for His coming. Promoting justice and human rights is a key element of our preparation. A society that aborts its children is not prepared for the coming of Christ.
Prayer: Come, Lord Jesus. may we be prepared to welcome You by the welcoming all human life. Amen.

December 5

"The dawn from on high will break upon us to shine on those who sit in darkness and the shadow of death" (Luke 1:78-79).
Reflection: A woman who saw the photos of aborted babies on the Priests for Life website wrote to us, “I have always thought that it should be a woman’s right to do what she wanted to her body. Today I stand corrected. Thank you for showing me the truth. I will pray for success in your fight against abortion.”
Prayer: Correct us, Lord, that we may see life as you see it, and help others do the same. Amen.

source: noted in previous posts.

December 6

“He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.” (Creed)
Reflection: Advent focuses us on the Second Coming of Christ. He will return to earth, separate good from evil entirely, and publicly judge every person who ever lived. All the good we have done, especially at the price of ridicule, will be rewarded publicly. In the light of his coming, what sacrifice is too great to make for our smallest brothers and sisters who need our help today?
Prayer: Lord, remove my fear of ridicule, of unpopularity, and of suffering for standing up for what is right. May the light of your coming strengthen my pro-life witness. Amen.

December 7

"A great prayer for life is urgently needed, a prayer which will rise up throughout the world" (John Paul II, The Gospel of Life, n.100).
Reflection: Prayer is the opposite dynamic of “pro-choice” or “choice to die,” because those erroneous ideas assert the primacy of the individual, while prayer acknowledges the primacy of God. Prayer for life, moreover, does not simply ask God to end the culture of death, but commits us to be active in fighting for the vulnerable.
Prayer: Lord, unite your people in prayer, in praise and thanksgiving for life, in repentance for taking it, and in supplication for protecting it. Amen.

source: Priests for Life, link on previous posts

December 8

"Hail, full of grace. The Lord is with you." (Luke 1:28)
Reflection: Mary was full of grace from the first moment of her conception. She was not exempt from the need of a Savior; he simply shared with her in a unique way the victory over sin that he offers all of us. For those tempted to abort, there is always sufficient grace to do what is right.
Prayer: Mary, we rejoice in the power of grace that kept you from sin, and we renew our courage in the face of all temptation. Pray for us and for all tempted to abort, that they may say yes to life. Amen.

December 9

“O Mary, bright dawn of the new world, Mother of the living, to you do we entrust the cause of life” (The Gospel of Life, 105).
Reflection: When Our Lady of Guadalupe appeared to Juan Diego (whose feast is today), the Aztecs were practicing human sacrifice. They thought God was against them, and in despair, took life to appease him.
Mary’s image brought the message that God was with them – so much, in fact, that he became a child, carried in Mary’s womb. This gave them hope, and they stopped their human sacrifice and became Christian.
Prayer: Saint Juan Diego, pray for us. Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us. Amen.

source: Pro Life Reflections For Every Day by Priests For Life

December 10

"The hired hand…sees the wolf approaching, and he leaves the sheep and runs away, while the wolf catches and scatters them" (John 10:12).
Reflection: The pro-life struggle is not about a mother against her baby. It is about mother and baby together against a destructive and unscrupulous abortion industry that cares for neither. To be pro-life is to be pro-woman, and to ask, ‘Why can’t we love them both?’
Prayer: Lord, so many women and children are in danger today from the abortion industry, which deceives, injures, and kills them. Make us good shepherds, like you are, that we may stand for the vulnerable and protect them. Amen.

December 11

"For he will save the poor who cry out and the needy who have no one to help them" (Psalm 72:12).
Reflection: When God works among his people, he overcomes isolation, division, and abandonment. He is the God who gathers together, unites, and bonds. When there are needy people around, that problem is made worse when they “have no one to help them.” That’s where God comes in to make the difference, by inspiring people to do something.
Prayer: Lord, you do not want the cries of the defenseless to go unheeded. Help us to come to the aid of those who have no help and whose lives are endangered. Amen.

source: Pro-Life Reflections for Every Day from Priests For Life

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.