A prayer fo my failing marriage

My wife (an Army Soldier on her first deployment) deployed last August to the a Marine Corps Camp in Iraq. We married in May. last year. I too was a Soldier and spent 23 years before I retired in November of 2008 and took a civil service job with Department of the Army at our local Army base. Since her deployment to the war-torn theater, she tell me that she has “re-discovered” herself. She has not really explained any of the this to me, I have noticed that she has grown more and more hostile towards me. I am also aware of Marine Corps troops spending more and more time with her alone in her workspaces. Slowly she has cut off communication with me back at home. Early in the deployment she would call home at least once a month. We would spend some of her “downtime” on the webcam together. I would sit on the livingroom floor with our family pets and I really enjoyed seeing her and interacting with her. Well, my birthday came and went without word. Christmas came and went without word, our first anniversary came and went… without word. Then the fearful happened. She emailed me a very long email explaining how wrong our marriage is to her and that she made a mistake in haste. Please understand that we had been together for 7 years prior to agreeing to marry. Attached to the email is her “Petition for Dissolution” of our marriage. I am not in favor of this as we made a covenant with God. “In sickness, and in health” we said. Right now our marriage is “sick” and we need help. So far she has refused all counsel in God. She did, at my request go see an Army Chaplain but did not bring our strife before God. She spoke to the Chaplain as a Soldier to a counsellor and did not recieve “God’s words”.

Recently, since signing onto this site and recieving your prayers, I believe that the Holy Spirit has started to move her. She has recently agreed not to proceed with the divorce until she arrives back home. That gives a little more time for God to turn her back on the right path. I pray that all I have done that has added to her strife in life is forgiven and that we both turn to the Lord Jesus and give unto him, our lives. I pray that we regain that love we once had and that is be even stonger than before. I pray that seh let go of the anger that has festered in her. I pray that the evil voices of temptation are quieted and she hear the Spirit of God. I pray for her safe and health return to this world where together we can show her that she is loved in Christ still and forever. I need help. Please keep us in your prayers that this marriage will survive and we will find the true path.

Father we stand before you knowing that through you all things are possible. Knowing too this isn’t always the easiest LIFE that we are put into situations where we must choose, I ask for gentle peace be sent to this child of yours who has put herself in many types of dangers. I ask you cover her at all times with the loving grace only you can give to protect her from all forms of evil. Help her listen with her heart. I ask for a legion of angles to surround her and fight for her when she can’t. Please guard and protect her and may she know you are there in her heart. Quite her soul and I pray for your grace and love to be felt in her most seriously compromised times. Please continue to surround her loving husband and help him to find his peace. Thank you for the many gifts you have given and those you are sending. I ask this as always in Jesus’ name. Amen

Prayers for you both.

Praying…

My prayers for you both at this painful time in your life.May Almighty God through The Holy Spirit come upon you both to guide you and lead you to the right path.God Bless

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

retrouvaille.org/ Prayers on the way, but also explore this website for my resources to help your very great burden.

Loving God,

We come before you today and lift up intentions on behalf of Mike Brown and his wife, in the hope that your Holy Spirit will send blessings, mercy, and healing to this married couple and that your son Jesus will be present in the marriage and to both partners as they contemplate the future of their married life together. Lord, your servants who endure separation and hardship are being tested and need your great hope and strength to endure. Please grant Mike Brown a strong faith, courage, wisdom, and hope in You. Please soften the hardened heart of his wife and send your Holy Spirit to be with her in a special way so the couple you have joined together can be healed and continue together, if that be your Holy and perfect will. Please also send competent and compassionate people to minister to both partners during the time they remain apart and as they go through the counseling process. Lord, we know you often present us with suffering and trials to help our formation, and you will always provide a way out, but some times the hurt and pain are very great and we do not always focus on listening to You. Please help Mike Brown and his wife listen to You in prayer, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Our prayers are truly with you Mike. Trust in Him.

Mike, I will pray for you and your wife as part of the intentions of my Rosary.

God bless you both.

St. Rita of Cascia pray for Mike and his wife. :crossrc:
St. Catherine of Genoa please pray for Mike & his wife.
St. Thomas More pray for Mike & his wife.
St. Edward the Confessor pray for Mike & his wife. :crossrc:

There are more patron saints of difficult marriages. These are but a few.
St. Edward the Confessor is incorrupt as many Saints are.

Loving God,

We come before you today and lift up intentions on behalf of Mike Brown and his wife, in the hope that your Holy Spirit will send blessings, mercy, and healing to this married couple and that your son Jesus will be present in the marriage and to both partners as they contemplate the future of their married life together. Lord, your servants who endure separation and hardship are being tested and need your great hope and strength to endure. Please grant Mike Brown a strong faith, courage, wisdom, and hope in You. Please soften the hardened heart of his wife and send your Holy Spirit to be with her in a special way so the couple you have joined together can be healed and continue together, if that be your Holy and perfect will. Please also send competent and compassionate people to minister to both partners during the time they remain apart and as they go through the counseling process. Lord, we know you often present us with suffering and trials to help our formation, and you will always provide a way out, but some times the hurt and pain are very great and we do not always focus on listening to You. Please help Mike Brown and his wife listen to You in prayer, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

I will pray for both you and your wife…

dear God, please help this husband and wife

Loving God,

Amen.

My wife emailed me yesterday and explained that she has volunteered for a “follow-on” school in Texas directly behind her deployment. That puts her return back an additional 30 days. So now the new return date is sometime in late September 2009. It can’t come soon enough. I hope her thoughts of volunteering for an Afgahanistan tour dwindle out too.

Loving God,

Amen.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :crossrc:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.