A prayer fo my failing marriage

Please Dear Lord comfort Mike and help the wife’s heart to soften
that she will let The Holy Spirit come upon her and guide her.
We ask You watch over this couple in their time of need
Thankyou for Your many Blessings
Amen

God Bless

Loving God,

We come before you today and lift up intentions on behalf of Mike Brown and his wife, in the hope that your Holy Spirit will send blessings, mercy, and healing to this married couple and that your son Jesus will be present in the marriage and to both partners as they contemplate the future of their married life together. Lord, your servants who endure separation and hardship are being tested and need your great hope and strength to endure. Please grant Mike Brown a strong faith, courage, wisdom, and hope in You. Please soften the hardened heart of his wife and send your Holy Spirit to be with her in a special way so the couple you have joined together can be healed and continue together, if that be your Holy and perfect will. Please also send competent and compassionate people to minister to both partners during the time they remain apart and as they go through the counseling process. Lord, we know you often present us with suffering and trials to help our formation, and you will always provide a way out, but some times the hurt and pain are very great and we do not always focus on listening to You. Please help Mike Brown and his wife listen to You in prayer, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

May the light of God surround you both;
The love of God enfold you;
The power of God protect you;
The presence of God watch over you;
May you realize, wherever You are, God is!
Amen

:amen:

Mike, I am praying for both of you. Here is a prayer which I hope will be of help to you:

SPOUSE PRAYER
FOR EACH OTHER

Lord Jesus,
grant that I and my spouse may have a true
and understanding love for each other.
Grant that we may both
be filled with faith and trust.
Give us the grace to live
with each other in peace and harmony.
May we always bear with one another’s weaknesses
and grow from each other’s strengths.
help us to forgive one another’s failings
and grant us patience, kindness, cheerfulness
and the spirit of placing the well-being
of one another ahead of self.

May the love that brought us together
grow and mature with each passing year.
Bring us both ever closer to You
through our love for each other.
Let our love grow to perfection.

Amen.

catholicdoors.com/prayers/english/p05290.htm

:signofcross:

Praying for you both.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.
:signofcross:

Praying with Morwenna on you behalf and your wife’s

SPOUSE PRAYER FOR EACH OTHER

Lord Jesus,
grant that I and my spouse may have a true
and understanding love for each other.
Grant that we may both
be filled with faith and trust.
Give us the grace to live
with each other in peace and harmony.
May we always bear with one another’s weaknesses
and grow from each other’s strengths.
help us to forgive one another’s failings
and grant us patience, kindness, cheerfulness
and the spirit of placing the well-being
of one another ahead of self.

May the love that brought us together
grow and mature with each passing year.
Bring us both ever closer to You
through our love for each other.
Let our love grow to perfection.

Amen.

catholicdoors.com/prayers/english/p05290.htm

Mike, I have been praying for you and Tamara. Tonight, I prayed a Rosary of the Sorrowful Mysteries (The agony in the garden, Jesus’ scourging at the pillar, Jesus’ crowning with thorns, Jesus carrying His cross, and the crucifixion and death of our Lord) on behalf of your marriage.

Christ’s peace be with you.

For you and your wife

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread;
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end
. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Loving God,

We come before you today and lift up intentions on behalf of Mike Brown and his wife, in the hope that your Holy Spirit will send blessings, mercy, and healing to this married couple and that your son Jesus will be present in the marriage and to both partners as they contemplate the future of their married life together. Lord, your servants who endure separation and hardship are being tested and need your great hope and strength to endure. Please grant Mike Brown a strong faith, courage, wisdom, and hope in You. Please soften the hardened heart of his wife and send your Holy Spirit to be with her in a special way so the couple you have joined together can be healed and continue together, if that be your Holy and perfect will. Please also send competent and compassionate people to minister to both partners during the time they remain apart and as they go through the counseling process. Lord, we know you often present us with suffering and trials to help our formation, and you will always provide a way out, but some times the hurt and pain are very great and we do not always focus on listening to You. Please help Mike Brown and his wife listen to You in prayer, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

Praying hard for you both.

Oh Holy Father, I humble myself before you this day and offer a prayer of thanks. I praise you for all the glorious people that have been my angels through this trying time. Your servents on earth, with your power, have blessed me with your words and thier prayers.

Glorious Lord, I have faith in your sacrament of marriage. I have faith that you will see Tamara and I thought these troubled times. I have faith that you will not let us fall, but will uplift us and make our relationship stonger in you.

Lord, I thank you for turning Tamara’s ear a little to your Holy Spirit. I thank you for drowning out the voices of Satan. I know that the voice of Satan is still present in her ear daily. Help Tamara with strength to seek you out. Help her to drop her pride in favor of accepting your assistance. Heavenly Father, I ask that you help her find a godly person there as a confidant. Give her the strength to bring her troubles and turmoil to you instead of trying to deal with it alone. As her deployment nears an end and she prepares for her travels, watch over her, keep her safe in your arms, smile on her daily, let your light warm her face, and grant her peace.

Continue to grant me the strength to continue to love Tamara with unconditional favor. Give me the ability to rid myself of my self-pity and to rejoice in your son Jesus. Continue to grant your blessed angels on earth the wisdom and kindness to help pray for a total stranger and his wife.

I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ, your only son, who lives and reigns with you, now and forever, - Amen

Joining you in prayer for your marriage …

:gopray:

To all who have offerred thier prayers,

I am beginning to see the miracle of prayer. Tamara has agreed to put the Divorce on hold until she returns from her deployment in late August (or early September). She has reopened her lines of communication with me. Even though I can feel her struggle with it, she is starting to use words like “love” and “together” again. I see this as a blessing to God’s sacrament of marriage in my life. Don’t get me wrong… Our relationship is still in much danger and Satan is still very present and trying to get in. So far her commitment is only to come home to “see how things are”. But that will give us a chance to look each other in the eyes and pray together. We will have the opportunity to hold hands, look to each other, and ask for help. She has not yet agreed to seek help with me, but with continued prayer, I am confident that she will.

Tamara is starting her packing from her small operating base in Western Iraq. She is getting ready to head to Kuwait to await her flight back to Fort McCoy. Word has it that she only has a little more than about three weeks before her movement begins. Once at Fort McCoy she will be immediately shipped off to Texas to complete a required Non-Commissioned Officer’s course (Warrior Leaders Course) for an additional couple weeks. Then she will head back to McCoy to check in and then home. I’m thinking she should be back around late August or early September.

I want to thank you all for keeping us both in your thoughts and prayers. Keep it up as we are not out of the woods yet.

To view a photo of Tamara and I click the link below:
facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1009329&l=4fd21abb8b&id=778319360

Loving God,

Amen.

Mike, you and your wife are in my prayer

Loving God,

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

Lord of all mercy and hope, we come before You, beseeching Your unending mercy upon this marriage, which is under great strain. Mercifully open the heart of Tamara, allowing her to see the love which her husband has for her. May the influences of the evil one be driven away by Saint Michael the Archangel. Graciously hear our continuing prayers that the flesh made one through the Sacrament of marriage will remain one. We ask this through our risen Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Your only Son, Who lives and reigns with You, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

HOLY PATRONESS
Of those in need, St. Rita,
So humble, pure and patient,
Whose pleadings with your Divine Spouse
Are irresistible,
Obtain for me
From your Crucified Jesus
The request I make of you.

Please ask Jesus to heal Mike Brown and his wife’s marriage. May the Holy Spirit come into their hearts and strengthen their resolve to live, unselfishly, for one another. May any obstacles, physical and spiritual, be broken down.

Be propitious towards me
For the greater glory of God,
And I promise to honor you
And to sing your praise forever.

O glorious St. Rita,
Who miraculously participated
In the sorrowful Passion
Of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
Obtain for me
The grace to suffer with resignation
The troubles of this life,
And protect me in all my needs.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.