A prayer fo my failing marriage

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
as it was in the begining, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

0 Likes

Loving God,

We come before you today and lift up intentions on behalf of Mike Brown and his wife, in the hope that your Holy Spirit will send blessings, mercy, and healing to this married couple and that your son Jesus will be present in the marriage and to both partners as they contemplate the future of their married life together. Lord, your servants who endure separation and hardship are being tested and need your great hope and strength to endure. Please grant Mike Brown a strong faith, courage, wisdom, and hope in You. Please soften the hardened heart of his wife and send your Holy Spirit to be with her in a special way so the couple you have joined together can be healed and continue together, if that be your Holy and perfect will. Please also send competent and compassionate people to minister to both partners during the time they remain apart and as they go through the counseling process. Lord, we know you often present us with suffering and trials to help our formation, and you will always provide a way out, but some times the hurt and pain are very great and we do not always focus on listening to You. Please help Mike Brown and his wife listen to You in prayer, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

0 Likes

Loving God,

We come before you today and lift up intentions on behalf of Mike Brown and his wife, in the hope that your Holy Spirit will send blessings, mercy, and healing to this married couple and that your son Jesus will be present in the marriage and to both partners as they contemplate the future of their married life together. Lord, your servants who endure separation and hardship are being tested and need your great hope and strength to endure. Please grant Mike Brown a strong faith, courage, wisdom, and hope in You. Please soften the hardened heart of his wife and send your Holy Spirit to be with her in a special way so the couple you have joined together can be healed and continue together, if that be your Holy and perfect will. Please also send competent and compassionate people to minister to both partners during the time they remain apart and as they go through the counseling process. Lord, we know you often present us with suffering and trials to help our formation, and you will always provide a way out, but some times the hurt and pain are very great and we do not always focus on listening to You. Please help Mike Brown and his wife listen to You in prayer, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, empowered by your Holy Spirit, who live and reign with you, one God for ever and ever.

Amen.

0 Likes

Glorious Father, This morning I come before as your humble servent to ask that you look down on Tamara with blessing and joy. She has had a hard time while deployed and seperated. Lord, I ask that you ease her burden soon, and bring her safely home. I ask that you keep her from Satan’s grasp and soften her to the voice of your Holy Spirit. Lord, I know that you put her into my life for a reason, I know that you mean for us to love each other and to glorify your name by our steadfast commitment. Father, give me the strength to weather this storm and not forsake this sacrament. Give me the strength to stay my anger and frustrations that Satan has put before me and live my life for the glory of you. This I pray in the name of your son, Jesus Christ. - Amen

0 Likes

The other day Tamara and I attempted to chat online. There is still not much feeling in her written words. She writes to me that she wants to come back to the safety of “home” (my house) but only as a “friend”, not as a wife. I think I understand what she is trying to tell me. I don’t know what she really means by that though. When I explained to her that she is more to me than just a “friend”, she became upset with me. She has not spoken/written/chatted to me in 5 days now (she has the internet in her private room). We still have a way to go before she starts her movement back to the States. I pray everyday and write in my journal that when she comes home and sees the blessings before her that she will recommit to the Lord and to our marriage. I just don’t understand why the Lord has put so much hurt and sufferring on us. She really is a good person and is (was) not like this before she left. I pray that I will understand and learn to trust her again. Keep the prayers coming, she still has not asked to process the divorce yet. She wants to come home “to see how things are” and in that there is still hope, faith, and love. I just pray that the greatest of these prevails.

Mike

0 Likes

You are in my prayers… :gopray2:

0 Likes

Found this one from my website… :thumbsup: Prayer to Save Troubled Marriage/Relationship

0 Likes

Loving God,

Amen.

0 Likes

Mike, prayers are continuing on behalf of you and Tamara. Amen.

0 Likes

Loving God,

Amen.

0 Likes

Loving God,

Amen.

0 Likes

Loving God,

Amen.

0 Likes

Mike please try to not look at the marriage issues as" God has put hurt and suffering on you"…He has not.God loves us all His children. We are here to choose our paths in life…the right path/the wrong path.Our Lord would not try to sway us from making our own mistakes.In this case your wife has to make her own choices…it is not God doing this to you my friend.I care very much for your marriage and will continue to pray your wife’s heart will soften .Peace be with you my friend God bless you.

Dearest Lord
please help guide Tamara back to her husband Mike.
Mike loves his dear wife and at this moment she doesnt perhaps understand the importance of her marriage.Please Lord we pray let her soften her heart.
Thankyou for Your many blessings Almighty God Our Father
Amen

0 Likes

tb, I agree. If we bear no cross in this life, we will wear no crown in the next. I would only advise Mike to “offer it up” to Jesus on the cross. Even though He lives, it is through God in Christ suffering for us that we have any hope at all. Divine providence has brought him to this Catholic site, so that he can be exposed to the saving graces that are brought about through suffering. If suffering had no value, then Christ would not have needed to suffer for us. It is a blessing that we have but one life of suffering to bear, since Heaven is worth many lifetimes of suffering. And so, I pray:

Father in Heaven, we ask that You cause Mike and Tamara to reflect on that day of their wedding, when they soberly and with much thought, espoused their eternal love of one another. Through Your glorious power, they have been made one flesh. May Your goodness overshadow and overpower the cowardly efforts of the evil one to divide what You have rightly joined together. We beseech You to appeal to Tamara’s heart, causing her to ponder the love she has, as well as the forces that have been brought to bear upon her, which have clouded her thoughts and judgment. Open her heart to the fulness of Your truth, that she may escape the clutches of evil and deny the one who divides. Draw her ever nearer Your Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, as He is our perfect example of love. Grant this, O Glorious Father, through the intercession of Your same Son, Jesus Christ, Who lives and reigns with You, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, One God for ever and ever. Amen! Alleluia!

0 Likes

Still praying Mike, hold on to the knowledge that God has given us free will to choose our path’s in life. It must be so painful for Him to watch us as we stumble and fall. But the greatest gift He could have given us was that choice, He loves us through each step and second of each decision. I’m not an expert but I’ve lived with crippling physical pain for 21 years. I am so grateful for so many things I couldn’t count. I do know in my heart that God didn’t injure me or “cause” my suffering. I’ve been angry at God, sad, lost inside myself, but through it all I am very grateful that I never lost God. The assurance I have felt in the depths of my being has sustained me through much. It wasn’t until losing a 6 week old perfect precious baby to SIDS, {my niece} that I KNEW, God doesn’t do these things to us, He is truly holding us when they happen and with us each step we take afterwards. Existing numb, I couldn’t pray, I couldn’t feel, that life-the world continued for anyone seemed impossible. I just thought I’d lived through pain up til this point. This is what I struggled with for months, so I found people to pray for me, this time I wasn’t angry there was nothing, just nothing. Listening to Christian contemporary music helped me, Praising God, raising Him up in song when ever I had silence was all I wanted to hear. I pretty much don’t listen to anything but that now. I like hearing a song that’s about my Savior and positive. It soothes and heals me.

This is a pop christian song that I love because I have been here many times, it says

“I cried out with no response, and I can’t feel you by my side, so I’ll hold on to what I know… Your real and I’m never alone.”

Just wanted you to know you are still in my prayers and you and your wife are in my heart.
blessings, Michelle

Abba, I stand before you so flawed and broken. Yet I know you are surrounding me, as you do with all of your children, at all times. I am asking you to flood Mike and Tamara with your presence. Come Holy Spirt surround them guard them protect them from all temptations that may be put before them. Heal Tamara from the doubts she is suffering from, open her mind and heart back to her love of Mike. Bathe them tenderly with your loving grace Father. Send your angel’s to fight for them and protect them both at this time of uncertainties. All things are possible thru you and with you. I ask for Your will to be done. I ask this as always through you Son, Jesus our Christ,
Amen

0 Likes

Almighty Father,

Please remember your warrior lady, Tamara and help to heal her from the scars of all she has weathered during her deployment. Help her to heal so she can rediscover the love she once had with her steadfast, loyal partner. Bless their union and bring them peace so they can continue their journey through the great adventure that is matrimony.

Amen.

0 Likes

Praying for you Mike. With God, all things are truly possible, and I pray that your wife has a change of heart. It’s not unusual for spouses to ‘rediscover’ themselves part way through a marriage, and think that this rediscovery will somehow not fit with the marriage. Tell her that you love her as she is, and that you will support whatever path she wants to take in life…you’re in this together! I will keep praying. God bless! :gopray:

0 Likes

I will keep you and your wife in my prayers.

0 Likes

St Rita had a difficult marriage and children. She is the patroness of such instances:

NOVENA TO ST. RITA
O holy protectress of those who art in greatest need, thou who shineth as a star of hope in the midst of darkness, blessed Saint Rita, bright mirror of God’s grace, in patience and fortitude thou art a model of all the states in life. I unite my will with the will of God through the merits of my Savior Jesus Christ, and in particular through his patient wearing of the crown of thorns, which with tender devotion thou didst daily contemplate. Through the merits of the holy Virgin Mary and thine own graces and virtues, I ask thee to obtain my earnest petition, provided it be for the greater glory of God and my own sanctification. Guide and purify my intention, O holy protectress and advocate, so that I may obtain the pardon of all my sins and the grace to persevere daily, as thou didst in walking with courage, generosity, and fidelity down the path of life. [Mention your request.]
Saint Rita, advocate of the impossible, pray for us.
Saint Rita, advocate of the helpless, pray for us.

0 Likes

O Blessed Lord in heaven
Please hear our prayer
We continue to ask for Your intercession upon
Mike and Tamara in their union of marriage
Please guide them to work in union together
to resolve and restore their marriage bond
We love You and are so grateful for Your many blessings
We ask these things through Christ Our Lord
Amen

0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.