A prayer for a major foul up

I side swiped a guard rail today. It was a minor accident and my bus ran fine except for a dent. nevertheless I should have reported it, but because I have had so many foul ups at my job I panicked and didn’t. NO ONE got hurt. I drove in literal terror all day that I started to get chest pains. I finally did report it, but I reported it as a hit and run when I was on my break.

I feel terrible. I have no excuse. I was scared.

Please ask God to take pity on me. I am going to confession and I want to make up for it (as well as other things) I just didn’t wanna lose my Job. I am sorry.

Please ask God for his Mercy and his protection. I try, but I always mess up. I need my job.

Again, I have no excuse. I have no friends. They have all gone. The only people I can consider my friends are the kids on my bus ( I drive a van.)

I feel so foolish because I am what I hate, and I feel that God must be getting tired of it ( I know I would.) I am a big believer in responsibility, but when cruch time came I failed. I have learned slowly to not be judgemental and be fair and to keep my mouth shut. I still have a long way to go, but I do try.

Thank you.:confused::frowning:

Lord, help pollylodges at this difficult time. May she learn from her mistakes and try to correct them as best as she can, and may her bus accident not have any devastating repercussions to harm her soul in any way. May this only be a warning for her and not her downfall. Please show her clemency and guide all her steps in all righteousness and truth. May she find compassion in her life and may she grow in holiness to become a saint. Amen.

To You I raise my eyes, to You enthroned in heaven.
Yes, like the eyes of a servant on the hand of his master,
Like the eyes of a maid on the hand of her mistress,
So our eyes are on the LORD our God, till we are shown favor.
Show us favor, LORD, show us favor, for we have our fill of contempt.
We have our fill of insult from the insolent, of disdain from the arrogant.
Psalm 123

Dont be so hard on yourself Busdriver . Big deal you hit a guard rail. Did you hit anyone? No, Did anyone on your bus get hurt No, you dented a bus big deal. your being way to hard on yourself here. you called it in , I dont see why your beating yourself over this…

God isnt Mad at you either…

God bless

I ask you Guardian Angel to be alert alongside you whenever you drive.
I ask the Lord to help you to ensure that you regularly get enough rest and sleep and eat healthy food and that you will be calm and alert when you drive. As for the rest of your concern, you have my prayers but I certainly wouldn’t sit in judgement over anyone’s fears.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amoungst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

saying a prayer for you

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

praying

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.