A prayer for contrition

Oh my God, I am heartily sorry for having offend you, and I detest all my sins because of your just punishment. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin. amen.

Please pray for me.

[quote="pollylodges, post:1, topic:180534"]
Oh my God, I am heartily sorry for having offend you, and I detest all my sins because of your just punishment. I firmly resolve, with the help of your grace, to sin no more and to avoid the near occasion of sin. amen.

Please pray for me.

[/quote]

Dear Lord, we lift Polly up and pray you hear and honor her prayer of contrition.

Thank you Lord for your kind and tender mercies.

Amen

Lord, you are all-loving and all-forgiving and always most eager to pardon pollylodges (and all of us) our transgressions. Help pollylodges and us all to always be open to your forgiveness and to know how much you want us to experience it. You never deny a repentant soul your forgiveness - you are forgiving at all times - it is we who do not always make ourselves open to receive this forgiveness of yours by not turning to you repentantly. Some of us even despair and are unable to experience your forgiveness because of that. Help us always to be receptive and open to receiving your forgiveness and help us never to remain unrepentant or in despair. You are much bigger than our greatest sins and much more generous than any of us on this earth could ever be. Thank you, Lord, for this generosity and for your goodness, and thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.