A prayer for for help in quiting addictions

I recently quit an addiction to narcotics. I need your prayers. I am unhappy in my life and I turned to drugs. Please ask Jesus to come into my life and help me. I realize that what I
was doing was a display of what I truly value and it is not a good display.
I try very hard. I need happiness. I don’t have any friends.

A prayer to God to help me would be very appreciated. I feel like I am in the grips of demons who will not let go. Even when I was sober. The fear, paranoia and anger have gotten to me and have been with me since I was young. In any case I want to turn my life around. I try to and I don’t want to give up. I need to feel protected I guess. Your prayers would help me very much.

Thanks

Lord, what this good soul needs is to fill his deep emptiness with you and nothing but you! Maybe he can join a religious order and devote his whole life to worshipping and serving you. Nothing else other than you will be able to break him out of his bad habits; nothing else is stronger than these habits than you are. Help this person, Lord. Help him and make him your most holy saint. May he go to Mass every day, read good spiritual books every day, visit you in the Blessed Sacrament every day, pray for a good chunk of time every day, go to confession regularly, perform charitable acts, meet with a spiritual director and love you and his neighbor the way you love them. May Cloverguard know that he may always send me messages, should he ever want someone to be a friend for support. And may Cloverguard be thankful for all you have done for him up to this point. Gratitude draws down the most graces from you. May Cloverguard cultivate in himself gratitude, Lord. Amen.

Dear Lord, I pray that You fill Cloverguard’s life with Your Holy Spirit, and with friends who are devoted to You and Your Holy Church. Be with Cloverguard especially now, through this difficult time. In Jesus name we pray.

praying

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.