A prayer for mercy

Please ask God to take pity on me. I keep failing him. I keep failing myself.
Please ask God to help me through the problems I have now and protect me from those who would do me harm and to guide me and strengthen me to resist doing myself harm.
Please pray for me at my job and my family. And pray for thoes who do wish to do me harm and ask God to help me forgive so I don’t become what I hate. I have improved, but prayers are always needed.

I try.

Thank you. God Bless you.

Kyrie eleison, Christi eleison, Kyrie eleison.

Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus, Dominus Deus exercituum: Plena est terra gloria tua: Gloria Patri, Gloria Filio, Gloria Spiritui Sancto.

O my God, because Thou art almighty, infinitely good and merciful, I hope that by the merits of the Passion and Death of Jesus Christ our Saviour Thou wilt grant me eternal life, which Thou, who art the most faithful, hast promised to all those who shall do the works of a good Christian, as I purpose to do by Thy holy help.

O Great God, the Sovereign Lord of heaven and earth, I prostrate myself before Thee. With all the Angels and Saints I adore Thee, I acknowledge Thee to be my Creator and Sovereign Lord, my first beginning and last end. I render to Thee the homage of my being and life. I submit myself to Thy holy Will, and I devote myself to Thy divine service this day and for ever.

Eternal Father, we offer Thee the Blood, Passion, and Death of Jesus Christ, the Sorrows of the most holy Mary and St. Joseph, in payment of our sins, in suffrage for the holy souls in purgatory, for the wants of our holy Mother the Church, and for the conversion of sinners. Amen.

Holding you in my poor prayers.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Loving God,

We lift up the intentions of our friend in Christ, pollylodges, and ask for your mercy and blessings for her. Please help her to understand the unconditional love You have for her, and grant her strength, courage, strong faith, and hope in You, dear Lord. Lord, please send your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit to be with her and help her to understand your plan for her life.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your loving people.

Amen.

PRAYER FOR THE
VIRTUE OF FAITH

Jesus, Your faith was in the Heavenly Father,
Your steadfastness being my living model!
Kindly grant me the richness of such faith,
To embrace Your Father as my true Provider,
Having staunch belief in His eminent powers
And to remain loyal to Him until my last day.
If my faith shifts as temporary waves,
Rush to my rescue without any hesitation,
Protecting others from my fleeting frailty.
May Your Presence always be lively enjoyed,
Enabling me to shine as a flame of faith.
My faith loyally reaches out to You!

I am praying for peace and enlightenment in your soul. Hold fast to jesus, tell Him everything going on. Even if your angry, sad or hurt. Offer it to Him, He wants ALL of you. The good and the bad. He loves You, no matter what. Trust in Him and your life will change, in spite of yourself and others. I know this from my own life:D.

Don’t give up on Him, for He hasn’t given up on you!! I’ll keep you tucked in my prayers!

God Bless!!

I will be praying for you; asking God to somehow let you know the depth of His personal and unique love for you! That He will remind you that He has carved you in the palm of His hand and made you part of His very Body, never to be separated from Him.

Lord Jesus of Mercy, open our eyes and our hearts to the reality you show us at every turn; in Your life, in Your Church, in Your great love…that it is precisely WE, the SINNERS, all of us, who fail you at every turn, for whom You long and thirst and search. We are only little lambs, but we are Your lambs, and we are forever safe in the arms of our loving shepherd. We believe, Jesus, because You have said it is so, that if we stray, you will find us; that our sins mean nothing to you, but only the love we return to You for Your love. (St. Faustina / Divine Mercy). Make us confident in the memory of the words of Your beloved daughter, Bl Mother T of Calcutta - that we are not called to succeed; we are called to be faithful and to love You!

We will love You as well as we can, with Your grace, and leave all the rest to you…the past to Your mercy, the present to Your providence and the future to Your love - Amen

God bless you and keep you close…surrender to Him!

Dear Lord, bless pollylodges and help her through the problems she experiences in this difficult life. Protect her by the power of Your precious blood and help her to withstand the attacks of anyone that might be offering any harm in her direction. Grant her special graces whenever she receives you in the Sacraments, graces to keep her pure, humble, meek and strong spiritually in union with You. Send your Holy Spirit to the depths of her soul and give her the guidance and strength to turn away from temptation and sin. Help her do well on the job and have healthy relationships with her co-workers and with her dear family. If anyone wishes polylodges harm, may their ill will be sheilded against by the protection of the Holy Spirit through graces upon pollylodges. Help pollylodges forgive those who might be wishing her or doing her any harm. May she hate the sin and not the sinner and never cease forgiving; may she only keep praying for her persecutors’ conversions whenever they become too difficult for her to bear. May she harbor no grudges, but keep herself occupied in the company of the saints and angels through a strong life of prayer and devotion to You in the Blessed Sacrament. May she find comfort in spending time with you talking about her difficulties at eucharistic adoration: may she find comfort in praying the rosary and having a devotion to Your Mother, Mary. Amen.

Father please have loving compassion on pollylodges;.
Please help her through her current and future problems,
and protect her from those who would do her harm. Bless and inspire them to good instead of harm.
Please help her to see herself as loved by You and therefore too precious for self-harm.

Please help her in her job and in her family relationships.
Please help her to forgive others and to grow in love and peace.
Thank You for the blessings You have granted her already, Father.

I try.

So do I. I try. My success is only that I keep trying! It kind of sums me up!

In my weakness You are strength

Jesus, I repent my unworthiness, and ask that You offer me as gift to the Father in each broken moment restored.

Gather up my lost moments, Jesus! Cleanse and shape them with my sorrow merged with Your sacrifice. Burnish and set them with Your forgiveness, and illuminate them with Your love as treasures of witness, intercession, and atonement! Thus, make my flawed life into a gem of praise, service and delight for You in the Communion of Saints.

Praise to You, Jesus, who make treasure out of ordinary and fallen human beings! “

*I live in a high and holy place, but I am also with the contrite and humbled spirit, to give the humble new life…I will heal and console him.” says the Lord God.” *[Isaiah 57:15, 18]

My Appreciation of you

Jesus, I honour others for their goodness. Yet, help me to share Your compassion, respect and delight in those who seem (to themselves or others) to reflect Your face poorly. Grant me the gift of conveying to each person, the beautiful, glimpsed vision of self, as You love him or her, a fallible human with entwined faults and virtues.

One sometimes glimpses another’s discouraged self-judgement, for she fears that Your plan of salvation builds upon some unlikely ‘ideal self’. She perhaps hopes that to others, only the good is evident. She fears that were others to sense the extent of her unworthiness, they may reject her—as indeed she fears You may.

Jesus, please extend Your hand to her through those who see her efforts and who have faith in the secret, unique miracle of her. Let her know that You love her as she is, and that You plan her holiness around her actual self.

You fulfil Your dream of her and serve others through her flawed personality with its abilities, gifts and virtues, along with its faults and scars. Assure her that her efforts to live the Gospel are more precious because of her temptations and flaws, so that she is encouraged to faith and self-acceptance.

God let me see and share Your beautiful, unique, creative vision of my sister, regardless of ‘apparent’ flaws. In my warm acceptance of her grant to her that restoring, blossoming fruitfulness of love—which the image of her cherished and accepted as she really is—produces in the most barren and bleak heart. 1

My sister, “Do not be afraid, you will not be put to shame.” [Isaiah 54:4]

Lord Jesus please let your love and mercy shine down on this person

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

Loving God,

We lift up the intentions of our friend in Christ, pollylodges, and ask for your mercy and blessings for her. Please help her to understand the unconditional love You have for her, and grant her strength, courage, strong faith, and hope in You, dear Lord. Lord, please send your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit to be with her and help her to understand your plan for her life.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your loving people.

Amen.

PRAYER FOR THE
VIRTUE OF FAITH

Amen.

You are in my prayers pollylodges …
Keep trying, God will not leave you.

Loving God,

Amen.

PRAYER FOR THE
VIRTUE OF FAITH

Amen.

still praying

I am still praying for you - count on continued prayer, too. Blessed candles also burn before Jesus and Mary as 24/7 prayers for your needs and intentions…keep the faith!!:slight_smile:

Seeking God’s will

Our God, You see me anxious about discerning the right course, and then my subsequent doubts. I fear that if I misconstrue Your will, someone may be denied what You would delight to give through me. Bless them, supplying what my selfishness or confusion denies them.

I trust that whatever good I honestly attempt will be guided and transformed by You, regardless of my obvious failures. Perhaps when I die, I may discover that my present life hides the overflowing richness of Your love embracing others through my efforts and prayers.

Accept my gift of myself to You. Temper my faith and faithfulness in Your love within the events of my life. Burn away my sinfulness and apathy through daily responsibility and prayer. Heal my confusion and stress. Let everything for which You created me, be completely fulfilled. Worship and delight Yourself in my life.

“If the greatest sinner should repent at the moment of his death, and draw his last breath in an act of love, neither the many graces he had abused, nor the multiplied crimes he had committed, would stand in his way. Our Lord would see nothing, count nothing, but the sinner’s last prayer, and without delay He would receive him into the arms of His mercy.” (Saint Therese of Lisieux)

continued prayers

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.