A prayer for my Son

Hey guys, I have a prayer request for my son. It feels so inconsequential compared to many prayer intentions here, but I I could sure use your prayers in this time. My son is 8, and recently uprooted since we moved to a new town earlier this year. He hasn’t adjusted well and misses his old friends very badly. It’s heartbreaking as a parent to see him so sad. He’s having a difficult time making friends at his new school, and just having a difficult time with the whole transition. I’d greatly appreciate your prayers for him.

Thanks very much and God bless you all.

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :angel1:

No prayer is inconsequential in my opinion, so I’m glad you posted. I will pray for your dear son that as time passes he will have an easier tinme with this transition and some new friends will be in his life.
God bless you as well.
Mary.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Thank you all very much.

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Praying that the Lord may strengthen your son and enable him to find new friends at his new school.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

I’ll say a prayer for your sweet son. I hope things get easier for him real soon!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

The public library should have activities planned for children where he can meet some friends. Also, have some from his class at school over on a weekend afternoon.

We moved quite a bit when I was young and I had to change schools several times. We moved our children 3 times which meant 3 changes of schools, so I can empathize with your situation and will pray for your son. But, could I add a couple of suggestions. First, when I was teaching many of us would notice a students who didn’t seem to adjust after a move and we would do several things. With a little cooperation perhaps you can ask your son’s teachers if they would help. We could pair him doing group work with students we knew to be friendly, we could ask everyone in the class to go out of their way to include everyone in actives at recess, etc. Bring the issue to the teacher’s attention and ask for their advice and help. Within your neighborhood ask other Mom’s for activities he can join in, you might be surprised what is available. Mostly, be patient, it only takes one small thing to happen that will turn it around. I will pray for that for him.

:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

Praying…

Hail Mary,
Full of grace,
The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou amoungst women,
And blessed is the fruit of Thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,pray for us sinners,
Noew and at the hour of death,
Amen

Blessed Mother Mary please pray to Jesus for this boy that he will find friend and new happiness.

I am praying that everything will work our great for your son and your family. I pray that he is able to make new life-long friends.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace, The Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the Fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary Mother of God,
Pray for us Sinners, now and at the our of death. Amen

Keep your head up, Believe Miracles do happen, God Bless you:)

***Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death
Amen.

:crossrc:***

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.Amen

Thank you all again for your fervent prayers… I can’t thank you enough…

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.