A Prayer for Those Struggling with Faith

Over the last 2 years I have had ups and downs in terms of faith. I now know that God is real, but I need courage and inspiration to act on this beautiful revelation. I pray for myself and all Catholics who have wandered from faith. As well, as those who intensely live and defend the faith in their lives. I hope to use this website as a source to strengthen my faith.

God, please give your guidance to James and the courage for him to strengthen his faith in You. Keep him close and watch over him.

My friend.

Faith is hard to maintain in the world and time we live in. We just need to remember that “We walk by faith, not by sight” (2 Corinthians 5:7).

Lord our God, please keep our faith strong, open our hearts to your will and teachings that you gave us when you came to live and die among us for our own salvation.

Let us remember that “the one who endures to the end, he will be saved” Matthew 24:13.
:thumbsup:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be
Thy Name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done,
on earth, as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our
daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we
forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us
not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is
the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for you. Inspired by your courage & determination. God watches over us.

Praying for you, I’ve been in your position before, but I’ve come home since then,

Praying that the Holy Spirit descends on you and showers you with the consolation of faith!

Peter, Thomas and Judas, all who walked, lived and “saw” JESUS perform miracles on a level that is beyond “the human” and therefore, should have had no doubt, or confusion on the WHO, that JESUS was, were still confused, and denied "they knew HIM’, “that HE was GOD”, or “that HE rose from the dead”.

After those three examples, what inspiration can be given to lead you to live the faith you proclaim to “know” exits?

Oh, I know of only one, the same one which caused Peter to return, Thomas to melt into belief, once again, and Judas to take his life for not requesting. . . . . . . the inspiration of GOD’s forgiveness. GOD forgave Peter, and requested Thomas to “touch” HIS forgiveness - HIS wounded BODY, and had Judas “just asked” . . . . for HIS forgiveness, who knows?

If it is inspiration you seek, then seek first HIS forgiveness in confession.

Lord, please strengthen all of Your people in their faith in You. Help them to love You more than anything else. Bless those who are already in the state of strong faith and help them retain it. †

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.