A prayer for those who feel helpless to help other people

I know there are those out there who wish to help, but don’t know how or have the ability to help a person because that person won’t help himself or herself.

Please pray with me for these people. This may even be yourself.

Giving and receiving

Dear God, how may I serve others? How may I dispense comfort and blessing? Through Your love and knowledge of the hidden desires and needs of each person, please give me perception, compassion, generosity and means to meet others’ authentic needs, by prayer and act.
Our God, please
serve through me beyond my interpretive faculties, beyond my sincere good will and my generous acts.

Your gifts are richer and more delightful than any dreamt of in human understanding. Touch and bless others, and let Your healing and peace flow to them. In their gladness and in their grief, give Yourself to them in my efforts and prayers united with the prayer and merit of Christ, His Mother, and the Angels and Saints.

Through Your grace I help me to develop wisdom and commonsense to serve others well. Fulfil my needs to overflowing with Your vitality and bounty, so that as I receive my giving is multiplied!

As every good comes from You so must all praise and thanksgiving return to You! In union with Your greatest gifts—our Saviour Jesus and Your Holy Spirit—I honour You for everything You have given and will give to each person in time and eternity! Let such thankfulness atone in some measure for those who fear that good may depend primarily on their efforts, and for the ingratitude of those who never and those who seldom thank and praise You, God!

Dear Lord I ask you to help all people of this earth that they may find a way to help not only themselves but to help others in need. Please God open thier eyes so they may see.

Amen

Praying with you.

Amen.

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer, listen to my cry for help. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Lord, please help those who really need help, especially those who do not know how to help themselves. May they turn to you and be open to receiving all the graces you wish to bestow on them to help them out in their situations. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

[LEFT]So often our God, we feel the helplessness of not being able to comfort or heal others, or to help them out in desperate situations, and then we can only cry out to You with trust. Have mercy on those whom we cannot help even with our most urgent desire to do so, when we have no means or opportunity, or the hurt or problem is beyond our best ability.

Dear God, how may I serve others? How may I dispense comfort and blessing? Through Your love and knowledge of the hidden desires and needs of each person, please give me perception, compassion, generosity and means to meet others’ authentic needs, by prayer and act. [/LEFT]

Our God, please serve through me beyond my interpretive faculties, beyond my sincere good will and my generous acts. Your gifts are richer and more delightful than any dreamt of in human understanding. Touch and bless others, and let Your healing and peace flow to them. In their gladness and in their grief, give Yourself to them in my efforts and prayers united with the prayer and merit of Christ, His Mother, and the Angels and Saints.

Through Your grace I help me to develop wisdom and commonsense to serve others well. Fulfil my needs to overflowing with Your vitality and bounty, so that as I receive my giving is multiplied!

As every good comes from You so must all praise and thanksgiving return to You! In union with Your greatest gifts—our Saviour Jesus and Your Holy Spirit—I honour You for everything You have given and will give to each person in time and eternity!

Let such thankfulness atone in some measure for those who fear that good may depend primarily on their efforts, and for the ingratitude of those who never and those who seldom thank and praise You, God!

Praying hard.

Praying…

Our God, it can be torture to know and see the sufferings of our loved ones, and of others around us and in the world, when for various reason there is nothing we can do except speak a few words of comfort, and pray...Please supply where we cannot.

Dear God, how may I serve others? How may I dispense comfort and blessing? Through Your love and knowledge of the hidden desires and needs of each person, please give me perception, compassion, generosity and means to meet others’ authentic needs, by prayer and act.
Our God, please serve through me beyond my interpretive faculties, beyond my sincere good will and my generous acts.

Your gifts are richer and more delightful than any dreamt of in human understanding. Touch and bless others, and let Your healing and peace flow to them. In their gladness and in their grief, give Yourself to them in my efforts and prayers united with the prayer and merit of Christ, His Mother, and the Angels and Saints.

As every good comes from You so must all praise and thanksgiving return to You! In union with Your greatest gifts—our Saviour Jesus and Your Holy Spirit—I honour You for everything You have given and will give to each person in time and eternity! Let such thankfulness atone in some measure for those who fear that good may depend primarily on their efforts, and for the ingratitude of those who never and those who seldom thank and praise You, God!

O Lord, Holy Father, omnipotent and eternal God, I give You thanks and I bless Your holy name. I know I’m a poor miserable sinner but hear a cause that is just, pay heed to my cry, turn your ear to my prayer, no deceit is on my lips. Amen

For your intentions

Continued prayers……

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord Jesus, hear my prayer. Amen

“If God brings it to you- God will bring you through it.”

Loving God please give us wisdom and grace as we seek to help others.

Our God, please serve through me beyond my interpretive faculties, beyond my sincere good will and my generous acts.

As every good comes from You so must all praise and thanksgiving return to You! In union with Your greatest gifts—our Saviour Jesus and Your Holy Spirit—I honour You for everything You have given and will give to each person in time and eternity!

Let such thankfulness atone in some measure for those who fear that good may depend primarily on their efforts, and for the ingratitude of those who never and those who seldom thank and praise You, God!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.