A prayer of thanksgiving

Well, I usually post requesting prayers for what’s wrong in my life :o so today I’m posting a prayer of thanksgiving. :thumbsup:

I’ve been praying that my DH will attend Mass with us (DD and me) for a long time. He’s not Catholic, and I’ve been praying for his conversion. For the past three weeks, he’s attended Mass with us at his own decision!!! (I never nag – I don’t want to push him away or force him into anything). We were married in the church and our DD was baptized in the church, and he always attends with us on Christmas and Easter, but never any other time.

Yesterday at Mass he, for the first time, knelt at the appropriate times instead of sitting in the pew. We were in the very last row of the church, so I know it wasn’t because he was concerned about what people behind us would think (the previous two weeks we were not in the last row and he didn’t kneel). :rolleyes:

I am so thankful for this, and I’m praying this is the beginning of a conversion journey for him…

Please join me in praising God and thanking Jesus, Mary, St. Monica and St. Faustina for hearing my prayers!

(and, if you have time, perhaps you could offer a prayer for his continued open heart, mind, and soul and for his conversion to the church – thanks.)

Psalm 100:

Make a joyful noise unto the
Lord, all the lands!
Serve the Lord with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the Lord is God!
It is he that made us, and we are his;
we are his people,
and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him, bless his name!
For the Lord is good;
his steadfast love endures for ever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.

:dancing: :gopray2:

:amen:
Thanks for sharing; I will keep praying!

:slight_smile:

Will continue praying…

Belle, that’s wonderful!
I’m so happy for you!
IMay God continue to grant your prayers for your husband’s conversion! love, Trishie :slight_smile:

Dear Dear Belle! :hug1:

I am doing a happy dance for you :extrahappy:

I will continue to pray for you.

God is soooo good!

Wonderful! How lovely of you to share this happy news!

Paise God INDEED!

Thanks for sharing this good news! :slight_smile:

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Let’s not jump to conclusions yet about conversion. He may just be kneeling and coming in order to please you. Of course, I’m sure it all fits in the divine Providence: first he pleases the wife, then he pleases the Lord. :wink:

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Father, we thank You for dying for us and for our salivation on the Cross. By Your death You have won for all men every grace, every gift of the Divine Mercy. We thank you, O Lord, for all the graces which You have won and are so eager to give to men, always ready to show the soul mercy. Your Heart burns with love for man and we eagerly wish to give You relief; O Jesus, give us every grace we need, even those which we might forget to ask for; but you, O Lord, know all that we need, even before we ask for something, so we beg of You to give us every necessary grace. Thank you, Jesus, for always answering our prayers, which we, despite our unworthiness and nothingness, dare to pray, trusting completely in Your Love and Mercy.

Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, we thank you for giving yourself entirely to your Son, Jesus, and to His redemptive work. By your glorious assumption into heaven you continue to cooperate with God by obtain for all men the gifts of salvation. We thank you, O Mary, for all the graces which you have obtained and are so eager to ask your Son for on behalf of mankind, always ready to help those who ask for your intercession. O Blessed Virgin, continue to pray for us, obtain for us every gift of the Divine Mercy, that we may become like God ever more, for we are created in the image and likeness of the Lord and God truly became Man so that all men might become like Him.

Thanks for sharing…
Will join you in prayer

Thanks be to God!

Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.