A prayer request for help with addictions

Hi,

I joined a support group for addiction. I am asking for your prayers again for God's help and guidance. I need to get away from the living situation I am in for help in quiting because there is a reliable source for the drugs I am addicted to. I don't have the money to do that though. I am also worried for my safety particularly when I drive and I worry about losing my job. Please keep praying for me. Through out all this I try very hard to think about what Good things God has done for me, but it's hard cause of the problems I have. I suffer from depression and I worry constantly. I've been to counselors and I have been on antidepressants; but they have not worked and the last Antidepressant drug I was on caused me to have a depressive episode
that lasted 2 years. that was very very difficult time for me and I don't wanna go through it again.

Please keep me in all your prayers.

Thanks.

O Mary, health of the sick, pray for us.
O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee. Amen.

My husband is long-term depressed, something that accompanies what was an excessively driven and perfectionist nature that collapsed. He often spend twelve hours in bed, then drags out and sits in a chair gazing out, no energy or motivation, for an hour maybe two. Three coffees later, maybe a move. Then he’ll start something and overdo it if he does, so that his arthritis gives him curry, a little tinkering. His physicians long ago gave up on giving him medication which didn’t help, and only showed with nerve shattering effect, when he was coming off them, so I’m all the help he has now. I pray you never slip into anything so extreme, but can pick yourself up with God’s help. :slight_smile:

I know how debilitating depression can be. I pray that God can help you to find generous focus for others sufficient to override some of your unhappiness
**May God truly bless and help you **
I ask God to help you to overcome temptations to take drugs which only further undermine you.
May the Saints pray for you!

Praying for you every day.

Praying my heart out for you to overcome your addiction.

Thank you, Lord, for getting Cloverguard to a support group. That's wonderful! Now I beg you to please help make it possible for him to obtain a new home away from the drug scene where he can start a new life for himself and not be tempted to fall into his habit. Bless Cloverguard with courage and strength to say* No!* to drugs and to slowly break out of his habit. I think they say once you're an addict you are always an addict. I don't know if that is true, but if it is, I pray that Cloverguard will always side with caution and keep himself far away from people or places he knows that has drugs. His apartment is not a safe place for him, Lord, as people near there have drugs. Please help Cloverguard to spend his free time at an adoration chapel instead of being home so he can pray a lot, get the healing he needs and have a great diversion from the drug scene back at the place where he lives. Bless Cloverguard Lord with your grace and help keep him in a state of grace. He'll never fight his addiction if he isn't keeping himself in a state of grace, so please help keep him filled with your sanctifying grace by helping to get him to Confession whenever it is necessary and to Holy Communion as frequently as possible. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Praying that you find a new place to stay and are able to overcome your additions with the help of your support group ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb
Jesus
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinner now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.