A prayer to help stay away from temptation

Please ask God to help me stay avoid temptaion. I went through withdrawel this week and I couldn’t stand it. I think my health is starting to fail. I’m worried. I feel awful, because I believe God has helped me so much yet I can’t get myself together. I have so many problems aside from this and it’s making things worse. The depression and the stress/ anxiety is the worst, but where I am employed (as well as staying employed) and the situation at home is a big concern for me as well. Please ask God to continue to help and protect me and please pray to our Lady as well.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Praying for you.

Blessed Mother, please pray for and protect your child, Johann!

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

I am praying for you.

Praying.

Praying that you are not tempted beyond what you can handle ...

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

**** * "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness." I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong."* 2 Corinthians
Chapter 12: 9-19
St Paul, please pray for Johann in this weakness, that determination and effort to overcome temptation are made perfect by Your grace.

Lord, please continue to assist Johann to avoid sin and temptation. Through the powerful intercession of Mary, your mother and ours, may Johann be strengthened in his will and led down pathways that are safe and true. Mary, please intercede that Johann will experience the love and comfort of the Lord throughout his struggles, and please help him better cope with his withdrawal symptoms. May he always think of Jesus and salvation when he is tempted, and may he continue to win little victories along the way to help gain him merit and make him so pleasing to our Lord. Even when Johann falls, your son Jesus loves him. He is not leaving Johann alone and abandoned - Johann is really trying hard to win this victory for himself and the Lord.

Thank you, Jesus, that Johann always has You, Mary, and the Father and the Holy Spirit to call upon. May he always invoke You and his Mother when things get too tough for him to handle...and even call upon us here at the CAF for support. Thank you, Lord (and Mary) for hearing my prayer. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.