A Prayer to St. Thomas More

A PRAYER TO ST. THOMAS MORE

Saint Thomas More, great martyr for the One Holy Catholic Church and Our Lord, may you pray for us and for our nation. Acquire grace for our leaders that they may do God’s will and be a blessing for our country and its people. Implore Christ to have mercy on our country for its failings and to have mercy on all of us for our own sins and transgressions. Grant our leaders and citizenry and all who seek God wisdom, grace and mercy through Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

This is my first ever attempt to compose a prayer to a Saint. I felt it was appropriate with the election and all. I would appreciate honest feedback.

Thanks.

Amen! :slight_smile:

After talking to some people I know, I have a revised version of the prayer. Please comment. I want the feedback because I feel a desire to write prayers and such.

A PRAYER TO ST. THOMAS MORE

Saint Thomas More, great martyr for Our Lord and His Church, may you pray for us and for our nation. Acquire grace for our leaders that they may do God’s will and be a blessing for our country and its people. Implore Christ to have mercy on our nation for its failings and to have mercy on all of us for our own sins and transgressions. Grant our leaders and citizenry wisdom, grace and mercy through Our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.