A prayer to The Blessed Mother

O most beautiful flower of Mount Carmel, fruitful vine, splendour of Heaven. Blessed Mother of The Son of God. Immaculate Virgin, assist me in this, my necessity. There are none who can withstand your power.

O star of the sea, help me and show me herein you are my Mother (make request).

O Mary conceived without sin pray for us who have recourse to thee (three times). Holy Mary I place this cause in your hands (three times). Thank you for your mercy towards me and mine.

This prayer must be said for three days and after that the request will be granted (will never fail).

This prayer must be published immediately.

Thank you, Mother Mary…

7 Likes

The prayer itself is all right, but this forum had a longstanding prohibition against “chain prayers” as the “publishing” requirement and the “never known to fail” appear to be superstition.

Anyone can say this prayer and have confidence that Mary will listen, but of course that does not mean you will for sure get your request, since sometimes God says No. Also, there is absolutely no need to “publish” a prayer, including by posting it on this forum, and it does not make your prayer more efficacious if you publish it or post it.

2 Likes

Oh great, a Catholic chain letter on the internet. What a way to honor our Blessed Mother!

Really?

2 Likes

Kindness and charity always first and foremost .
God bless.

1 Like

Faith is a wonderful thing, if you have it!

jfz178 Oh great another anonymous troll!

You’re doing a CHAIN EMAIL and calling ME a troll? What you are doing is one of the longest running troll plays there is! Religious chain letters go back to the 18th century. Internet email chains are used as setup for all sorts of internet fraud, including spam, phishing, identity theft and malware. But even worse…

Fr. Robert J. Levis, speaking on EWTN says: The superstitious part of chain letters is their infallible connection between the letters and the good or evil infallibly connected with the process. This is an attempt to force God to act in a certain way. God is omnipotent and cannot be forced to do anything against His will. Friend, pray since these letters bother you. Pray to Mary to protect you from falling for this true nonsense. There cannot be any connection between good and evil and this letter business. 'Have courage and destroy them always.

1 Like

While I Do believe in the Merits of such prayers, it seems PRUDENT on a public Form that God still has Options; AND we Catholics intend t that ALL prayers END with GOD

GOD CAN SAY

Yes

NO

NOT NOW

AND EVEN WHEN HE ANSWERS IT MAY BE IN A MANNER DIFFERENT THAN OUR REQUEST.

Pray very much
Patrick

1 Like

This is the beginning of the Flos Carmeli, a Carmelite Prayer, that is until the “Make request…” part.
God is not a vending machine - insert specific prayer (with X number of repeats over X number of days) here and your request will be granted.

I hereby break this chain: I will not publish, now or ever.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.