A Priest Writes "How I Prepare for my Own Confession," and Provides Some Ideas for Preparing for Our Own Confessions Too

Fr. Dave Pleier of Manitowok, Wisconsin, reflects on the following question for a Catholic newspaper: What do you believe is the best way to prepare for, and to make, a meaningful and fruitful confession? by saying what he does himself.
—see thecompassnews.org/2017/03/how-i-prepare-for-my-own-confession/

It’s really thoughtful of this priest to share how he prepares for his own confession. Certainly some interesting thoughts there as to how to better prepare for the Sacrament.

Thanks for the link,

Mary.

Thank you for taking the time to post this! :slight_smile:

Father has a point when he says something to the effect of “It’s good for people to see the priest in line for Confession.” I’m certain that they go on their own time, this is something I have never seen. (I love it when I see the priests at Adoration)

When he said, “Since I am not married and don’t have kids, I will ask a close friend or two what I should confess and they tell me a couple of things I forgot” I had to laugh! Every time I leave to go to confession, my husband will call out after me, “Tell Monsignor that you are very mean to your husband.” Or “You always hurt your husband’s feelings.” :smiley: And of course…it is ALWAYS unsolicited!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.