A question about a famous kinky videogame

Maybe some of you know of Leisure Suit Larry, a sexual comedy game. Well, I used to play it, but that was a long time ago. But I like to make “fan games” and I want to do a parody of a game. In this game there is a hotel. It is a very classy hotel and I want to replace the backgrounds of that hotel with the backgrounds of the sleazy hotel from Leisure Suit Larry, for the sake of fun. Would that be scandal or cooperation with evil in some way? Sorry if my english is not very good. Thank you!

I would say that parody of evil is the opposite of coopetarion, if anything…

But the parody is of a different game than Leisure Suit Larry. But now that I think it, the joke is at the expense of both games, I suppose.

Uhhh…no

I think there are limits one can test and those one shouldn’t.

I really like spoof songs, and the king of all spoofers is Wierd Al. But there are some of his very clean spoofs are of terrible songs. I don’t listen to/buy those.

The original parody game that did the best, I’d say was Chex Quest’s spoof of Doom. It was pretty much a skin with a few key changes. I find Doom rather repulsive but Chex Quest does not lead one to desire to play Doom. What it does differently it does well so it creates no affection for the original.

I think that when it comes to a kinky game, any spoof is going draw one’s attention to the original.

And, quite frankly, games can rarely be pulled off being created by one person. Lisesing is also an issue, evien if it is “fair use” It would be better you find a less controversial project.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.