A question about bringing the Eucharist home to someone?

My husband had to leave Sunday Mass because of a sudden drop in blood sugar. He stayed through only the second reading. I stayed. I was able to borrow a pyx and bring the eucharist to him. He has also done this for me before. I am never sure just how to do this properly; no instructions are given by the priest or deacon. I lit a candle and we said the Lord’s Prayer; I said “The body of Jesus Christ” and tipped the host into his hand and he consume it immediately. After a few moments of silence we said a Glory Be and the Sign of the Cross. Neither of us are extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion.

Where can I find rubrics on how to have a short and proper home communion service?
Can anyone properly do this if s/he is not an EMHC?

Many thanks,
Mimi

These links should give you the answers that you need. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
**Recommended Reading:
**Is this a sacrilege?
Can we venerate the Host at home?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.