A question about this video

youtube.com/watch?v=U8xzp8E9xHc

Someone wanted me to listen(not watch) this video, since they thought it was interesting. I knew what it was, having heard of it before I got serious about Catholicism. I didn’t want to listen to it, but I was in a situation where I couldn’t reasonably leave, so I gave in and listened, as I figured this didn’t actually have vulgarity in it(just mental assumptions). I didn’t enjoy the experience.

Would this qualify either of the 3 marks for mortal sin? Should I be worried about this?

(I have a regular confessor who I email as well about these kind of things. I don’t want to pester him too much, so I hope this is alright.)

I wouldn’t call it a sin. It’s a song that plays with the typical rhyming structure in songs. It’s vulgar, certainly, and I wouldn’t bother listening to it again, but I don’t think you did anything wrong.

I watched about 40 seconds & saw enough. My friends used to sing something similar back in 1960. You expect a dirty word & are cleverly diverted.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.