A question for Muslims

Do Muslims beleive that Mary is a virgin?

If so, who do Muslims beleive is the father of Jesus?

thanks

Jesus (pbuh) was born miraculously of the virgin Mary, but did not have a father according to Muslims.

Thank you

Yeah, we believe Jesus [peace be upon him] was born of a virgin. Mary’s story is told mainly in surah 19 (which happens to be named after Mary).

And mention, in the Book [the story of] Mary, when she withdrew from her family to a place toward the east. And she took, in seclusion from them, a screen. Then We sent to her Our Angel, and he represented himself to her as a well-proportioned man. She said, ‘Indeed, I seek refuge in the Most Merciful from you, [so leave me], if you should be fearing of Allah’ He said, ‘I am only the messenger of your Lord to give you [news of] a pure boy. She said, 'How can I have a boy while no man has touched me and I have not been unchaste? He said, "Thus your Lord says, 'It is easy for Me, and We will make him a sign to the people and a mercy from Us. And it is a matter [already] decreed’” (surah 19:16-21)

By the way, the Holy Spirit and Gabriel the archangel are one and the same, according to Islam. Jesus [peace be upon him] didn’t have a biological father.

Thanks.
" We sent to her Our Angel"
Who is the WE mentioned in this verse?

Then Angel would be Gabriel/Holy Spirit?

Is Michael the archangel in Islam?

Yes Michael the archangel is present in Islam as is Gabriel who is called Jibril in many traditions (although the spelling varies especially as it’s a transliteration), angels in Islam though have no free will. Which is also true of Judaism. Neither faith believes in them having a free will of their own which is why the Christian concept of Satan is so awkward for Muslims and why Iblis who is the rough equivalent is instead a Jinn.

Allah uses the royal plural all throughout the Qur’an. That’s why you’ll see Him using pluralistic pronouns all the time.

Thank you all. This has been an interesting learning experience for me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.