A question for Protestants,

Will you pray this prayer?

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Evangelicals and independent won’t - maybe more traditional churches like Anglican might.

When they mean Solus Christus and Soli Deo gloria, they meant it. It is also tied to Confession issue.

I suspect they might say we pray to God only.

When I assist our priest during mass, prior to and still in the vestry, we offer this confession as part of our prayer:
**I confess to God Almighty, to Blessed Mary Ever-Virgin, to blessed Michael the Archangel, to blessed John the Baptist, to the holy Apostles Peter and Paul, to all the Saints, and to thee, father, that I have sinned exceedingly in thought, word and deed, by my fault, by my own fault, by my own most grievous fault. Wherefore I beg blessed Mary Ever-Virgin, blessed Michael the Archangel, blessed John the Baptist, the holy Apostles Peter and Paul, all the Saints, and thee, father, to pray for me to the Lord our God. **

In my Catholic prayer group the Protestants go to the toilet when we start this and the Hail Mary

@spiritualsoldier:
I’m wondering why you ask this question.

I consider that disrespectful. If one is a participant in a prayer group, one can easily sit quietly while other members complete their intercessory prayers

It’s open to everyone but some come with nativity whilst others come to infiltrate and convert us to Protestantism

“I’m wondering why you ask this question”

“For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places” (Ephesians 6:12).

Because I am at battle with the spirits of wickedness and I hope for as many Christians to join me in battle as possible

That’s a good reason.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.