A Question Grating at my Conscience

Okay, so I’d like to start out this forum post with the point that I believe that the Catholic Church speaks the fullness of truth on earth without a doubt. I also believe that as Christ said in his ministry that we should not speak ill of other Christians, as they soon would not be able to speak ill of him. I’ve had something really bothering me for a while, and it’s in this music video: youtube.com/watch?v=6oaVSvi9L-M

I have a deep and profound respect for this band, and most of the music they put out, and also the foundation created by the lead singer (heartsupport.com) but this video threw me for a loop the first time I saw it. The message in it led me to a really dark place one night which I’d rather not speak of.

The conflict which was most bothersome to me was the provision being an upright triangle and the enemy being an upside down one (seems to be superstitious to me) . So, being a painfully analytical person at times, I could not get this thought out of my head. Finally, I thought, Aha! I have the answer which can be found in this tweet: twitter.com/alexlpratt/statuses/470603453887447040

I thought to myself “Brilliant! One plus the other = the Star of David, Jesus being the root of David and also true heir to his throne, the resolver of all created problems!” and posted it in reply to and also as a way to reach out in a way.

The more I think about this, the closer I come to the conclusion that it’s possible that I’ve done something wrong by indulging or trying to solve this problem in the first place, but I just couldn’t get it out of my head and was so overjoyed when I thought of a possible solution to put it to rest.

I’m entirely unsure, and I realize that one of the beautiful apologists on this forum could possibly help me out. Please, please, please!

Also, please tell me if I did do something prideful, because I’d surely love to take it to confession.

-Alex

I realize now that this is a moot question after reflecting on some words from St. Pio. Please feel free to delete the thread.

Thanks,
Alex

This sounds more like an anxiety issue than anything else. Reaching out to a counselor or perhaps your priest might be helpful.

Your words were perfect counsel. Thanks!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.