A Question On Adultery?

If a man divorces his wife and marrys another I know that he is committing adultery, but is he causing his second wife to be committing adultery as well since she is having sex with a man who was already married to another woman?

Yes. You basically answered your own question. Since the man is still married to his first wife (unless he has received an annulment) the second marriage is not valid.

if she knows her husband was validly married before her, and his marriage was never annulled…i’m afraid so.

hope someone can answer a little better,
RyanL

[quote=J.W.B.]If a man divorces his wife and marrys another I know that he is committing adultery, but is he causing his second wife to be committing adultery as well since she is having sex with a man who was already married to another woman?
[/quote]

If she’s aware that her husband is still validly married she’s also committing adultery. If her husband is aware that he’s still validly married and marries someone else I wouldn’t call that love. Why would you cause someone you love to sin?

[quote=Mt19:26]If she’s aware that her husband is still validly married she’s also committing adultery. If her husband is aware that he’s still validly married and marries someone else I wouldn’t call that love. Why would you cause someone you love to sin?
[/quote]

Ok but what if SHE is not aware but the husband is? Is he still causing her to sin?

[quote=J.W.B.]Ok but what if SHE is not aware but the husband is? Is he still causing her to sin?
[/quote]

Seeing that she doesn’t care enough to demand a church wedding, I doubt that she cares if she’s sinning or not.

If she was truly ignorant of that fact then the marriage never was (besides the fact of the not annulled first one) on the grounds for nullity by virtue of her ignorance. She however would not be guilty of mortal sin because she was truly ignorant.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.