A question on you and the Holy Spirit

My dear friends,

1. Does the Holy Spirit “talk” to you?

2. In what manner?

3. How can you be sure its the Holy Spirit?;

God Bless you,
Patrick

hi,
in context, i can say taht i talk to my self-sometimes out loud-in the office as i go through a task such as in excel; this allows me to finish one thing and plan the other,times i am more silent- multi tasking;

going up in the line at church-to recieve the eucharist-i remind myself to use both hands-reminding, task again, when the left hnad extends, cupping the palm; this beng an example of talking myself through a task; when i return to my seat-this wouid be the point to explain-if the Holy Spirit talks-mostly, i wait in my seat-indeed i listen with spiritual hearing to a still small voice…

so now to an expanded view, driving to work; perhaps, listening is not the right word, as i have to watch out for other drivers…focus on teh road-something might worry me-finances maybe-so now i must discern my own fears and not mistake those for the voice of God-a soul listens for the voice of God-that is a broad context, point of contact-as a process of communication-a task to wait-yet, the presence of God might be to feel the love of God/ Jesus…at point of conact is this unconditional love to me? now that is both a tought qustion and an easy question…for further investigation-was jesus a man of paradoxes…such as he was a carpenter working with wood/ yet to be nailedd to a wooden cross/jesus-is the man/God of ironies…my catch 22s and dilemmas are my challenge-(do i not realize that i could ask for anything from the heart’s desire of spiritual gifts and recieve it)?in a great irony-i live-that to say if i hear the voice of God might i ironically do wonderful saintly things? still i am often in the mud crying as though a trapped sheep-i forget that i am in the great task master’s eye -to depend- well, i do listen/i do beg-and through 1000 human weaknesses-close my ears and eyes, and spiritual sense-iby the way-sheep are so dumb that they turn over on their back and can’t get up-this , i understand, is the old testement idea of ‘cast down;’ i relate to sheep apparently…at teh end of the day…i do a self talk again remind myself to not forget to ask for help, for graces, for a specific gift…and i get it-i wonder if this a kind of spiritual texting…only if God is a living God-and he is…

I don’t think I can really say “talk” lest others take it the wrong way. But yes, I believe the Holy Spirit has, in one way or another, “talked” to me. What manner? Just little nudges and pushes here and there, always in the right direction. Though sometimes, especially if I really, really feel like I need to go elsewhere, it always shoves me in that direction, and amazingly the outcome is always very good! If you feel a sense of peace and you feel good about whatever’s happening, then that is definitely the Holy Spirit. If you feel uneasy about it, then you get this very bad feeling, then that probably isn’t the Holy Spirit. However, these are only my experiences on the matter, and I believe it’s different for everyone.

=david patrick;11673393]hi,
in context, i can say taht i talk to my self-sometimes out loud-in the office as i go through a task such as in excel; this allows me to finish one thing and plan the other,times i am more silent- multi tasking;

going up in the line at church-to recieve the eucharist-i remind myself to use both hands-reminding, task again, when the left hnad extends, cupping the palm; this beng an example of talking myself through a task; when i return to my seat-this wouid be the point to explain-if the Holy Spirit talks-mostly, i wait in my seat-indeed i listen with spiritual hearing to a still small voice…

so now to an expanded view, driving to work; perhaps, listening is not the right word, as i have to watch out for other drivers…focus on teh road-something might worry me-finances maybe-so now i must discern my own fears and not mistake those for the voice of God-a soul listens for the voice of God-that is a broad context, point of contact-as a process of communication-a task to wait-yet, the presence of God might be to feel the love of God/ Jesus…at point of conact is this unconditional love to me? now that is both a tought qustion and an easy question…for further investigation-was jesus a man of paradoxes…such as he was a carpenter working with wood/ yet to be nailedd to a wooden cross/jesus-is the man/God of ironies…my catch 22s and dilemmas are my challenge-(do i not realize that i could ask for anything from the heart’s desire of spiritual gifts and recieve it)?in a great irony-i live-that to say if i hear the voice of God might i ironically do wonderful saintly things? still i am often in the mud crying as though a trapped sheep-i forget that i am in the great task master’s eye -to depend- well, i do listen/i do beg-and through 1000 human weaknesses-close my ears and eyes, and spiritual sense-iby the way-sheep are so dumb that they turn over on their back and can’t get up-this , i understand, is the old testement idea of ‘cast down;’ i relate to sheep apparently…at teh end of the day…i do a self talk again remind myself to not forget to ask for help, for graces, for a specific gift…and i get it-i wonder if this a kind of spiritual texting…only if God is a living God-and he is…

awesome!

Stay close to God so he CAN stay close to you. THANKS,:slight_smile:
Patrick

The Holy Spirit is silent, He speaks through insight and understanding to your spirit from his spirit.

=ventura2323;11674640]The Holy Spirit is silent, He speaks through insight and understanding to your spirit from his spirit.

OK:) So if he is silent, how can we hear Him and discern what He’s trying to say?

God Bless you,
Patrick

hello- dream and visions are one of the ways the Holy Spirit communicates with me and other people i an in fellowship with in a christian church

john paul jackson – describes the ministry of being educated in praying and receiving an answer from God the Holy Spirit–

As Peter said on the day of penecost this is whatJoel 2:28

Isa 44:3 Cross References (28 Verses) - OpenBible.info
www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=Isaiah+44%3A3‎

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, …

What Does the Bible Say About Dreams And Visions? - OpenBible.info

www.openbible.info/topics/dreams_and_visions‎

“'And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men …

Joel 2:28 And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on - Bible Study Tools

www.biblestudytools.com/joel/2-28-compare.html‎

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream …

2013 John Paul Jackson talks about what dreams mean

youtu.be/mINnkvj6vug

=febthursday;11676948]hello- dream and visions are one of the ways the Holy Spirit communicates with me and other people i an in fellowship with in a christian church

john paul jackson – describes the ministry of being educated in praying and receiving an answer from God the Holy Spirit–

As Peter said on the day of penecost this is whatJoel 2:28

Isa 44:3 Cross References (28 Verses) - OpenBible.info
www.openbible.info/labs/cross-references/search?q=Isaiah+44%3A3‎

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, …

What Does the Bible Say About Dreams And Visions? - OpenBible.info

www.openbible.info/topics/dreams_and_visions‎

“'And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men …

Joel 2:28 And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on - Bible Study Tools

www.biblestudytools.com/joel/2-28-compare.html‎

And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream …

2013 John Paul Jackson talks about what dreams mean

youtu.be/mINnkvj6vug

How can one be sure it IS the Holy Spirit?

Ps 33 (34):5 lxx- “Draw near to him, and be enlightened” Here we find the context of knowledge, the intellect that judges an intellectual direction to the grasping of a term to understand among other terms. These terms form a context, and the content we gather is assurance that He is with us.

Objectively, the spirit speaks to us in the placing of dogma to those who are diligent in seeking the Lord through Church teaching. “The rich have become poor and hungry: but they that seek the Lord diligently shall not want any good thing.” (Ps 33[34]:10 lxx) In the context we gather by our experience all “good things” that direct us to understand.

Subjectively, the spirit is a God who suprises, and this is an attention grabber for most people (mentioned in pastoral sense by Pope Francis). We become surpised by the spirit by humble docility of which His gifts dispose us to be docile. Feed by frequent recourse to the Word, and enlighten teachers of Him, we take the Word in meditation and conclude not our own way of thinking what it says, but rather seek to encounter the newness of it. This in his time is the repetition of meditation of which one bethinks the context in which the Spirit suprises us.

The Holy Spirit is like the wind. Although I have never heard words I have listened to inspired music, seen people’s reactions to His presence, been awed by the miracles in my life that can only be explained by the presence of God.

=animalis;11678128]Ps 33 (34):5 lxx- “Draw near to him, and be enlightened” Here we find the context of knowledge, the intellect that judges an intellectual direction to the grasping of a term to understand among other terms. These terms form a context, and the content we gather is assurance that He is with us.

Objectively, the spirit speaks to us in the placing of dogma to those who are diligent in seeking the Lord through Church teaching. “The rich have become poor and hungry: but they that seek the Lord diligently shall not want any good thing.” (Ps 33[34]:10 lxx) In the context we gather by our experience all “good things” that direct us to understand.

Subjectively, the spirit is a God who suprises, and this is an attention grabber for most people (mentioned in pastoral sense by Pope Francis). We become surpised by the spirit by humble docility of which His gifts dispose us to be docile. Feed by frequent recourse to the Word, and enlighten teachers of Him, we take the Word in meditation and conclude not our own way of thinking what it says, but rather seek to encounter the newness of it. This in his time is the repetition of meditation of which one bethinks the context in which the Spirit suprises us.

GREAT reply my friend!:thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.