A quick quiery

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask about a particular question I have at the current moment. Each night I goto bed and pray for around 30 minutes saying the rosary, prayers to purgatory and family & friends. It is hard though when I have a long night and I goto bed and have to still say the prayers. I want too but if I don’t I feel like I might be committing some kind of sin. It’s not that I don’t want to pray it’s just that sometimes the timing can be a bit offset. Just some clarification please.

I’ve been told to give myself totally to God in prayer in the best part of my day, not the worse part of my day when I’m all worn out. Though I always say a goodnight and a good morning prayer.

No sin. It is a good thing to fall asleep praying, it is protection you need. But you could make the " sleep " rosary your second rosary of the day.

Linus2nd

It’s best, of course, to pray when you’re more alert. But if this is the only time you have for prayer, use it.

I believe St. Teresa of Avila said that if you start feeling sleepy when you’re praying, go to sleep.

And there’s no sin in what you’re doing. :slight_smile:

The disadvantage of skipping prayers one night is that it becomes easier to skip the next time and the time after that and so on. Each prayer is important for all eternity. A grace missed…maybe a blessing for someone else. An opportunity gone.

May God bless and keep you. May God’s face shine on you. May God be kind to you and give you peace.

Thank you everyone for the advice. I will continue to Pray as long as I can and hopefully try to make it a time when I am alert.

Thank you and God Bless! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.