A real tear jerker story

Dying wife left husband a ‘masterclass’ in how to cope

Her words were ‘I can’t have my girl looking scruffy – no bumps in her hair please’. I had to keep on practising it for her. After my first few clumsy attempts, I eventually passed the test, and Jemma gave me a smile to show she was satisfied I could do it…

A DYING mother who knew her husband would struggle to bring up their children alone, left him detailed instructions on how to cope.

Jemma Oliver, 29, died at her family home with Jason holding her hand and her two young children sitting on the bed.

But just days before her death from cervical cancer in February, Mrs Oliver had prepared a masterclass in motherhood for Jason to use while raising Keaton, four, and Codi, two.

Her preparation included buying birthday cards to be given to the children in the years ahead and deciding what schools she wanted them to go to.

She left instructions on buying their daughter the right clothes, and even hired a qualified hairdresser to teach Mr Oliver how to do a French plait in Codi’s hair.

Remembering his wife fondly, Mr Oliver said: “Her words were ‘I can’t have my girl looking scruffy – no bumps in her hair please’.

“I had to keep on practising it for her.

walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2009/07/16/dying-wife-left-husband-a-masterclass-in-how-to-cope-91466-24165420/

What an awesome story :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.