A Really Bad Anti-Gay Marriage Ad

…commentary by King Heathen.

youtube.com/watch?v=IiKiPi5TChM

I found it… odd. :blush: What do you guys think about it?

Eternally Yours, Blade and Blood

What did you find hard…the ad itself, or the commentary?

The ad. :mad:

I find the ad mediocre. I fully agree that it’s not hate speech, and that it is going to scare the excrement out of the pro-gay agenda forces, who are disproportionately powerful in the courts and democratic party.

I find it truly far more scary that the courts overturned the majority imposed laws in California and Alaska (both of which passed with 60%+), forcing both states’ populaces to ammend their state constitutions (both of which passed).

Gay marriage and Plural Marriage are both blocked by both states’ ammendments… which define a marriage as one man and one woman, in a legal bond.

Neither, however, goes far enough, in my opinion. They are missing one key line for true defense of marriage: “No law nor court shall grant privileges defined as being derived from marriage to persons not married, nor may extant marriage privileges, benefits and rights be eliminated to provide such equity.”

Very interesting response. Thanks for replying. :slight_smile: …and thanks for being honest: the ad was poorly constructed. Hands down. :sad_yes:

I’m a straight supporter for gay marriage. I personally don’t mind it. :shrug: Needless to say, I agree with King Heathen. :o

And what do you think about gay marriage being a ‘non-negotiable’ according to the pope?

I still don’t see what it is they need to be married for. What rights are they currently being shorted?

I think that’s the Pope’s opinion, and he is entitled to it. Marriage doesn’t only exist in the Catholic Church.

As far as rights are concerned, I urge you to do the research. As King Heathen says, “Don’t take my word for it, think for yourself.” :wink:

It isn’t really just his personal opinion, but whatever.

I have done the research for more than a decade now and there are never any answers as to why gay marriage is so important. You can’t just give a wink, wink, nod, nod, and expect everyone to understand. Marriage in and of itself is not some good that I think is heinous to be withheld from gays. Why should they be allowed to enter government sanctioned marriages? Is it a benefit to society by offering the best situation in which to raise children for the future of said society? No. Then why do it? There is no reason. Why would we pass laws for no reason?

Also same sex marriage is a fallacious term as it does not exist. They need to find a different word.

It’s more complex than you think. :shrug: I get the feeling you didn’t watch the video. :blush: Ah well…

I did watch the video and didn’t really get anything out of it. Why don’t you tell me what you felt was the most compelling reason that we should make a new law to satisfy these people is?

Yeah, that ad was pretty poorly done, regardless of whether or not you agree with the goals behind it. They walked right into some of his counter-arguments by their poor choice of presentation.

I actually surprisingly found that I like his commentary style quite a bit!

Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

I would, but I’m pretty sure nothing would convince you. However, I’ll give you the short version: I really don’t see why not… nor do I really care because it doesn’t affect my life. :shrug:

The video is really pretty average.:blush: I have always wondered why homosexuals do not create a new term for what they want?:shrug: It is so interesting that they want to use such and old fashioned term like marriage. If old terms or historical references meant anything to homosexuals, then maybe they should give credence to the writings in the Bible, like this one::shrug:

ROMANS 1
To Greeks and non-Greeks alike, to the wise and the ignorant, I am under obligation;
that is why I am eager to preach the gospel also to you in Rome.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel. It is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: for Jew first, and then Greek.
For in it is revealed the righteousness of God from faith to faith; as it is written, "The one who is righteous by faith will live."
12 The wrath of God is indeed being revealed from heaven against every impiety and wickedness of those who suppress the truth by their wickedness.
For what can be known about God is evident to them, because God made it evident to them.
Ever since the creation of the world, his invisible attributes of eternal power and divinity have been able to be understood and perceived in what he has made. As a result, they have no excuse;
for although they knew God they did not accord him glory as God or give him thanks. Instead, they became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless minds were darkened.
While claiming to be wise, they became fools
and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for the likeness of an image of mortal man or of birds or of four-legged animals or of snakes.
Therefore, God handed them over to impurity through the lusts of their hearts 15 for the mutual degradation of their bodies.
They exchanged the truth of God for a lie and revered and worshiped the creature rather than the creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.
Therefore, God handed them over to degrading passions. Their females exchanged natural relations for unnatural,
and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity.
And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God handed them over to their undiscerning mind to do what is improper.
They are filled with every form of wickedness, evil, greed, and malice; full of envy, murder, rivalry, treachery, and spite. They are gossips
and scandalmongers and they hate God. They are insolent, haughty, boastful, ingenious in their wickedness, and rebellious toward their parents.
They are senseless, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
Although they know the just decree of God that all who practice such things deserve death, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

Various “rights” have been accorded to married people in recognition of the fact that they are the ones investing and taking risks to continue our society (iow, having and raising children). For example, family health insurance policies, tax breaks, etc.

When AIDS broke out, the homosexual lobby started working on two things: 1. getting the idea out there that AIDS was not a activity-based problem but could potentially hit anyone, and 2. extending health insurance and other family benefits so that AIDS sufferers would be covered, and 3. creating a situation in which those who were hospitalized or who died would be able to have more control over their situation, ie, “family” restrictions in the hospital would not exclude people with whom they were involved, family could not challenge a will, etc.

Because AIDS is not so publicized as a problem anymore, people have forgotten the genesis of these aspects of the homosexual issues.

I loved it when they leaked the audition videos for this ad prooving the regular Joe’s where all actors :smiley:

Also why on Earth do Catholics get to dictate who other faiths may or may not marry?

Then whine when another body restricts what they can and cannot do in there Churches?

Pot, Kettle, Black.

Catholics aren’t dictating what other faiths do. They are speaking out against legal recognition of same sex marriage. Its called the 1st amendment. Also, regarding “whining” about can and cannot go on in our church (or any other church), also reference the first amendment.

One example of how gay marriage will impact my life:

I have two boys in school. If gay marriage is legalized then in schools, gay marriage will be taught as equal to heterosexual marriage. (the books “Heather’s Two Mommies”, and “Daddy’s Roommate” have already been distributed to school children). Now, you may not have an issue with this, and thats OK. If you have kids and want them to read these books, thats up to you. But to force a morality on my kids, that I don’t agree with, is “affecting my life”.

Just a question…do you review every book your child reads in school and accept the morality taught by those books? If not…isn’t your life “affected” by having a morality you don’t like taught unchecked by the school by “straight” people? Or is it only the “gay issue” you are concerned about?

First, I responded to a point another poster made in which they said gay marriage does not impact anybody else. My answer disproved that point.

Second, while it is impractical to review every book my kids read, I do try to make sure my kids know how to approach subjects in which their teachers impart their version of morality on them. (I was able to get my son’s teacher to quit showing Al Gore’s “An Inconvenient Truth”, not because I asked that it not be shown, but rather I told her I expected her to present opposing arguments and have a discussion about the pro’s and con’s of each. She felt it was easier to just not show it)

Other subjects I am concerned about what teachers talk about: Abortion, Embryonic Stem Cell Research, and Euthanasia to name a few (along with Politics)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.