A really cool parallel came to me while meditating The Visitation of Mary to Elizabeth

Hello everyone,

Ah, typology! (even in a minor, not proper sense!)
I have been struggling with the resurrections of Matthew for a while now, but today i thought of this: If it is possible to see the resurrections of the deads rejoycing for Salvation, a parallel could be made with the Baptist literally jumping in the womb of his mother:

And Mary arose in those days and went into the hill country with haste into a city of Juda
and entered into the house of Zacharias and saluted Elisabeth.
And it came to pass that when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit; …]

Did anyone in the Church already make this parallel? Is it a good and possible way of understanding it?

Thank you :slight_smile:

interesting. I know that I would not have made that connection…but I like the idea of the resurrected dead in Mt rejoicing at their salvation.

Peace
James

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.