A request for mercy

Please ask God to take pity on me and have mercy on me. Although I have gotten better, I keep making some stupid mistakes. I’m kinda alone.

You’re prayers would be much appreciated.

Almighty God, we entrust Your child to Thy never-failing
care and love, for this life and the life to come, knowing that
Thou art doing for them better things than we can desire or
pray for; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

Merciful and gracious is the Lord, slow to anger, abounding in kindness. Psalm 103:8

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father in Heaven have pity and mercy on your servant Pollylodges, heal the feelings of loneliness and grant guidance to avoid mistakes. In Christ’s name. Amen.

A Pater Noster, Ave Maria and Gloria Patri for Pollylodges.

Rove

What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!

Dear friend in Christ, just keep doing that and you'll be fine! And don't forget, you have so many people to pray for you right here on CAF!

God Bless,
4everjustjesus

Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison

Eternal Father I offer you the Body and the Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.

For the sake of His sorrowful passion have mercy on us and on the whole world!!

I am praying for you not to get discouraged because of your mistakes, because in this world perfection is impossible.
I am praying that you realize you are not kinda alone because all human beings are fallible and make mistkes.
I am praying that you find strength in the merciful love of God and keep on walking towards Him, who alwais waits for you with open arms, in spite of your falls.

Alma

Join the club! I make many mistakes too! Lots of us do.
I’m sorry you’re alone and feel alone. I used to be a very shy and lonely person, and it’s not much fun, is it! I’m not shy now.

I don’t know specifically what kind of mistakes you mean, but below is somthing I wrote when being fed up with my mistakes
Mistaken goodwill

Jesus, God and Brother, we love and bear goodwill towards others, but even then, errors of judgement or mistakes occur to cause irritation or suffering to another. If consequences are ongoing, one may find it very difficult to forgive self or at least to overcome regret and sorrow for the other.

Sitting beneath a depiction of Your crucifixion, meditating on past mistakes that do not guarantee no future errors of judgement, it almost seemed as if I heard You say, “How do you think I felt?” when You heard of the massacre of the infant boys in Bethlehem after Your family fled to Egypt. Because You are who You are, those beloved innocent sons were slaughtered.

Yes, how did that horrific set of events affect the sensitive hearts of You and your Mother, dear Jesus? Wisdom and trust surely helped you both in your recovery, even if sadness remained somewhere in Your heart.

True model of wisdom and compassion, help us to move on from our errors with grace and trust, obtaining whatever healing is possible for anyone we hurt or disedify.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,
save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially
those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Dear one if your mistakes include what appear to you as sins, maybe the following, perhaps…and I do remember clearly what self-blame caused me to write this, and I remember the exact date, the 10th July. If you remember your mistakes, please remember also those things in your life that aren’t mistakes…and here in CAF, you’re not alone.

In failure
Jesus, I put my trust in the apparent failure of the Cross, for You are condemned to a criminal’s execution and it seems that Your mission has failed, You who alone could redeem humanity.

Who can accept that it is God-incarnate whose sweat and blood drips into the dust, from Your drained, dishonoured body! Yet Your human cry of abandonment by the Father is belied by the triumph of love and faith in Your final confident submission. You die, but You have not betrayed the Father’s trust.

Jesus, to my sadness, I fail in many ways and sin against others by my failures. Have I betrayed Your will or mistaken Your purpose? Will You restore me to grace now, Jesus? To do what? Will You show me? Will You fuse together the broken pieces—of my life, of my service—to make a new and better creation? Am I to step around the fragments and to pass another way?

I ask to walk with certainty along the path of holiness that You choose uniquely for me. If not, then please allow me the certainty of buoyant faith. I ask courage to continue through the enveloping fog, trusting each small moment to the illumination of faith and grace.
Jesus out of my failure and sorrow You will bring healing and goodness luminescent as priceless pearls grown around grains of suffering, for Your glory, and for others’ remedy and blessing. July 1981

“If you feel too lazy to pick up a bit of thread, and yet do so for love of Jesus, you acquire more merit than for a much nobler action done in a moment of fervour. Instead of grieving, be glad that, by allowing you to feel your own weakness, our Lord is furnishing you with an opportunity of saving a greater number of souls.” (Saint Therese of Lisieux)

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners, now
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Plea for pity
Our God, all-powerful, wise and loving, desiring the good of your creatures—behold beneath my egoism and sinfulness, a flickering desire to love You with all my being, and to serve You in others to the highest degree that You can achieve through me.

I plead for the reality of Your love in me. My knowledge of love is not love. Emotion is not love nor are some supposed manifestations of it, although they may be expressions of love. Love is You and comes from You, and only aspects of its effects are discernible. Even where my limitations dim my ability to love, please give the actuality of Your love to others through me.

Pity the hurt that I have caused anyone from my earliest years, even where I am unaware of it. Pity the times that I fail to see You in another and where through indifference, fear or ignorance, I withhold gifts You wished for others. Pity the times that I simply tolerate anyone, and the times I do not treasure another’s thought, feeling, gift or time.

Pity where my interpretations thwart Your will and result in harm or loss to others. Pity the times I act according to my interests without reference to another’s true needs. Heal my blindness to the unique loveliness and value of each person however difficult or unfriendly they seem.

Pity the good I leave undone. Pity that, where I do not shine with Your love, others do not see God illumined in the particular way I am fashioned to allow. In sorrow for my omission and offence towards others, I humbly ask forgiveness. For everyone who has suffered because of me, and for all who have hurt me, I ask great healing, blessing and recompense beyond all human reckoning, out of the infinite riches of Your love.

Except for Your compassion, my prayers for others and myself remain just words and hopes…my inspired intentions, just passing thoughts…my will to serve, just empty dreams…my responsibilities to others, simply debts I cannot pay. Without Your merciful bounty, I have not faith and selflessness enough to allow You to flood through me to others.

My failures bring me humbly and trustingly to You. Behold and pity my self-reproach and humiliation, yet conversely, my pride. Behold the grief of my offences, the ashes of my pleasures, the disquiet of my mind, the impatience of my imagination, the hunger and thirst of my spirit and the bondage of my heart.

Have pity on my foolish struggles when I should seek Your guidance and on my laboured evaluations where I should trust Your inspiration. Have pity when I fail to listen in silence to Your patient voice or to heed You in my conscience’s insistent whisper. Pity my betrayal of You and others with activity instead of peace and prayer, or with passivity where You require loving action.

Pity what suffering I store for myself by not doing justice to Your gifts through me. Pity that these, and my knowledge of Your teachings and salvation, deepen my spiritual peril if I do not love and serve as You intend. Pity my fear of dying to self—this shrinking from hardship and duty, from humiliation and rejection accorded those who follow You. Such reluctance only brings the moans of my heart—for my spirit desires to give all, to do Your will, to draw many souls to You.

Have compassion that my mind cannot encompass more than a faint shadow of our God, of His truth, of His love, of eternal joy—that all is mystery! Sustain my faith in this darkness of my understanding. Have mercy that I cannot stay awake to comfort, in His anguish, Him who died for us. Have mercy that I fail to love with my whole being Him whose sacrifice is the only source of redemption and forgiveness. By this failure, I may have neglected other souls who require my love and support, penance and prayer for their healing, conversion or redemption.

Pity that my sin and alienation required crucifixion of Him who became for me ‘a living wound’. Have pity that even now I only dimly understand what he has done for each person and me. Have pity, or His sacrifice is lost to me and I die, along perhaps with others whom You would draw to Yourself through me. Allow me to wipe away His sweat, blood, and tears, and bear His cross, bringing joy to Him with my gratitude and love. Let my hand in His be song in His heart!

Our God, have mercy on Your Son who continues to suffer through His people. His wounds are healed, and His blood no longer flows when all persons are united with Him. Let me learn of Him and obey in all things. Seize my out-stretched arms, drawing me through Jesus to You. Transform me irrevocably with Your love and flooding grace, into Your channel to others.

Dear God, I entreat You, please speak Yourself in me, mean Your meaning in me; love Your love in me—of others and Yourself. Fulfil Your promises and commands in my life. Exemplify Your beatitudes in me. Bear Your fruits of service and worship in me. Serve Your kingdom and flood Your life through me even in my unworthiness. Please, eternally, delight Yourself in me!

Dear pollylodges,

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and
ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,
save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially
those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Praying…
Our Father, Who art in Heaven,hallowed be Thy Name.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,pray for us now, and
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and Blessed is the Fruit of Thy Womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord God, please, in Your Mercy, forgive this person of their sins, but also, Lord, remind them to not despair, for Your Mercy, as You have revealed, is abundant and present. Through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, I pray. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come,
Thy will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,hallowed be Thy Name.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,pray for us now, and
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.