A request for your prayers :)

Hi everyone! As you know, the Feast of the Assumption is rapidly approaching :smiley: What’s a young conservative substitute organist to do at a parish that has a fairly wretched music program? Well, I’ll tell you what I’m going to do. Last Sunday, we had a visiting priest who sang the entire Mass, intoned the proper Gregorian chants at the proper times, said the Roman Canon in Latin (the Roman Canon is NEVER prayed at my parish. It’s always the Third Eucharistic Prayer), and made sure to pronounce the words of consecration quietly IN LATIN. I overheard many parishioners speaking with the priest after Mass telling them how they feel cheated by our pastor and the other priests at my parish who can be…less than orthodox at times.

So, in light of that… I have gotten together with a friend of mine who cantors at another parish across town and we have decided to chant Mass IX, the Missa Cum Jubilo (used on feasts of Our Lady) and the Gregorian propers of the day NO MATTER WHAT THE COST MAY BE. I’ve made up enough sheets for the congregation that have both the chants and the English translations on them, so nobody should be in the dark regarding the translations. I will probably end up out of a job as soon as the parish music director and liturgy director find out about it, and I suspect the priest might not be too happy (at least not at first). But ya know what? I’ve got Church documents, including the Dogmatic Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy on my side. All they’ve got backing them up is bad taste. I would very much appreciate your prayers :smiley: Pray that all goes well during the weekend Masses, and that my music will somehow turn the hearts of those who seek to profane the Sacred Liturgy.

Viva La Revolución!!!

You have my prayers. :blessyou:

[quote=CatholicNerd.] I would very much appreciate your prayers :smiley: Pray that all goes well during the weekend Masses, and that my music will somehow turn the hearts of those who seek to profane the Sacred Liturgy.
[/quote]

I will pray, and please let us know what happens. As you can imagine, you are not alone in this.

Anna :thumbsup:

I know that permission of the local bishop is required to use the 1962 Missal, but would a diocesan priest need some sort of special permission from his Bishop to ignore the ICEL’s English translation of the Roman Missal and use the official Latin one instead?

Wow, that would be really great!

Dear Blessed Mother,
Please pray that the Will of God be done for CatholicNerd’s intentions. May the Peace of Christ be with him, his family, friends, loved ones and all those whose lives they touch, Amen.

Interactive Rosary online:
www.familyrosary.org

24/7 Worldwide Live Rosary Participation:
www.comepraytherosary.org

The Second Glorious Mystery - The Ascension

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy Kingdom come. Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as
we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, Amen.

Hail Mary, full of Grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death, Amen
(10 times)

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the
beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end, Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls
to Heaven, especially those in most need of Thy Mercy, Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.