A Rosary For Pro-Life Voting?

I was struck with an idea today as our priest recounted the history of the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, and how Pope Pius V called for the Rosary to be prayed in order to secure the defense of the Christians of Western Europe.

Given that this feast is approaching, and given this particular history, it struck me that perhaps we, as Catholic Christians, should be saying a Rosary from now until the election in order to secure the victory of pro-life candidates in the upcoming election.

As our priest said this morning during the homily, there is no greater issue facing us at this moment. We can be concerned about many other issues, but the fact of the matter is that we have untold legions of innocents being killed every day, legally, and yet many are more worried about economic issues far more than they are about this crucial issue.

So I’m interested in seeing how many Catholics will be willing to pray the Rosary from now until election day with the intention of securing that pro-life candidates prevail and actually act on those convictions, making sure that the unborn are protected in this nation. We can argue other events and issues after this, but we cannot continue to allow our unborn to be killed, legally, and pretend that its not the most horrendous legacy that our nation has ever engendered.

As our priest said this morning, the first step in tackling any problem is prayer, and the power of the Rosary has prevailed so many other times in the past.

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

1. Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
    Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

1. Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
    Holy Mary mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

First Joyful Mystery
The Annunciation

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

Second Joyful Mystery
The Visitation

Our Father Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Second Joyful Mystery
The Visitation

Second Joyful Mystery
The Visitation

Second Joyful Mystery
The Visitation

Knight Errant, I could not agree with you more. I have today completed Day 20 of my Rosary Novena to Our Lady. Seven days of Petition remain to pray for the Pro-Life Party to win the election in November.

Then I will start on the 27 days of Thanksgiving (even if I don’t get my wish).

I conclude that if the Pro-Abortion party does win Our Dear Lord must have another solution in mind.

God’s Will Be Done.
:gopray2: :blessyou:

Second Joyful Mystery
The Visitation

Second Joyful Mystery
The Visitation

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.