I came across a strange authentic hadith about Muslims on the judgement day, you have to read the hadith in Arabic to fully understand it, however, I didn’t get any satisfactory answer from our Islamic clerics here in SA, the hadith states that on the judgement day the following:
1) Allah would come to Muslims in the least image they saw him in, and he says to them “I’m your lord”.
2) Then the Muslims will reply “We take refuge with Allah from you, we do not associate anything with Allah”, they say that two or three times, to the extent that some Muslims would renegade.
3) Then Allah will say “Is there any sign between you and him by which you will recognize him?”.
4) Then the Muslims will say “Yes”.
5) Then Allah will laid his leg exposed, then the devoted Muslims who were prostrating toward Allah in their earthy life will be allowed to prostrate again in front of Allah, and those who were prostrating toward Allah in their earthy life because of wariness & hypocrisy of people, Allah would make their backs as one piece (for the hypocrisy Muslims), and whenever those hypocrisy Muslims will attempt to prostrate they would fall on their backs.
6) Then the devoted prostrating Muslims would raise their heads and will see Allah in his image that they saw him the first time, then Allah will say I’m your lord, and Muslims will reply you are our lord.
I have a some questions to our fellow Muslims:
- Isn’t that strange and odd that Muslims will not recognize Allah and will say to him “We take refuge with Allah from you”?
- What is Allah first image, how I would recognize him from his first image in the judgment day, if I don’t know how he looks like?
- In that same Hadith, Allah would send the Jews to hell because they say “We worshipped 'Uzair, son of Allah”, my question, why Allah will punch all the Jews for a small group of Jews in the past who said that?
Please read the Hadith many times before answering, here is the original text:
**Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Number 0352: **
"…When the Day of Resurrection comes a Mu’adhdhin (a proclaimer) would proclaim: Let every people follow what they used to worship. Then all who worshipped idols and stones besides Allah would fall into the Fire, till only the righteous and the vicious and some of the people of the Book who worshipped Allah are left. Then the Jews would be summoned, and it would be said to them: What did you worship? They will say: We worshipped 'Uzair, son of Allah. It would be said to them: You tell a lie; Allah had never had a spouse or a son. What do you want now? They would say: We feel thirsty, O our Lord! Quench our thirst. They would be directed (to a certain direction) and asked: Why don’t you go there to drink water? Then they would be pushed towards the Fire (and they would find to their great dismay that) it was but a mirage (and the raging flames of fire) would be consuming one another, and they would fall into the Fire. Then the Christians would be summoned and it would be said to them: What did you worship? They would say: We worshipped Jesus, son of Allah. It would be said to them: You tell a lie; Allah did not take for Himself either a spouse or a son. Then it would be said to them: What do you want? They would say: Thirsty we are, O our Lord! Quench our thirst. They would be directed (to a certain direction) and asked: Why don’t you go there to get water? But they would be pushed and gathered together towards the Hell, which was like a mirage to them, and the flames would consume one another. They would fall Into the Fire, till no one is left except he who worshipped Allah, be he pious or sinful. The Lord of the Universe, Glorified and Exalted, would come to them in a form recognisable to them and say; What are you looking for? Every people follow that which they worshipped. They would say: Our Lord, we kept ourselves separate from the people in the world, though we felt great need of them; we, however, did not associate ourselves with them. He would say: I am your Lord. They would say: We take refuge with Allah from thee and do not associate anything with Allah. They would repeat it twice or thrice, till some of them would be about to return. It would be said: Is there any sign between you and Him by which you will recognise Him? They would say: Yes. and the things would be laid bare. Those who used to prostrate themselves before God of their own accord would be permitted by God to prostrate themselves. But there would remain none who used to prostrate out of fear (of people) and ostentation but Allah would make his back as one piece, and whenever he would attempt to prostrate he would fall on his back. Then they would raise their heads and He would assume the Form in which they had seen Him the first time and would say: I am your Lord. They would say: Thou art our Lord…"
أتاهم رب العالمين سبحانه وتعالى في أدنى صورة من التي رأوه فيها قال فما تنتظرون تتبع كل أمة ما كانت تعبد قالوا يا ربنا فارقنا الناس في الدنيا أفقر ما كنا إليهم ولم نصاحبهم فيقول أنا ربكم فيقولون نعوذ بالله منك لا نشرك بالله شيئا مرتين أو ثلاثا حتى إن بعضهم ليكاد أن ينقلب فيقول هل بينكم وبينه آية فتعرفونه بها فيقولون نعم فيكشف عن ساق فلا يبقى من كان يسجد لله من تلقاء نفسه إلا أذن الله له بالسجود ولا يبقى من كان يسجد اتقاء ورياء إلا جعل الله ظهره طبقة واحدة كلما أراد أن يسجد خر على قفاه ثم يرفعون رءوسهم وقد تحول في صورته التي رأوه فيها أول مرة فقال أنا ربكم فيقولون أنت ربنا