A successful job search

I wanted to hear from others who have searched for a new job and were successful. I am an accountant by trade, but am discerning a career outside of accounting. I really enjoy working with people and would like to persue something along these lines. I have been searching for a job for months on end now…I cannot keep track of how many. My wife and I have 3 children and she stays at home with the children (one is in school) and I work 2 jobs to make ends meet. I know that we are soon going to be taking on a bigger expense with a house payment and I am getting really worried about this. My wife and I have talked about it and are excited about our new house, but worried at the same time. We thought that by now I would have had a new job, but I am having very little success. I have been praying the rosary with the intention of finding a new job. I am doing my best to remain patient and know that all things will happen in God’s time, but it is getting really discouraging.
If anyone has any suggestions of things that helped them in their search, I would love to hear them. I have been doing so many different things to try and find a way to better support my family. When I come up empty, I get discouraged and find it hard to remain positive.
I am looking for suggestions on the professional level (i.e. talk to a recruiter) and on a spiritual level (fasting). Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. If you have a chance I ask for your prayers for me and my family as we go through this struggle. I will offer my prayers for you in return. God’s blessings to you and your families.

In Christ!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.