A theory on how God can be everwhere and one place at the same time. What are your ideas and thoughts on this?

My dear friends

Here is my theory. it delves into who God is and Holy Mass too.

To understand my theory you must see God as love, but you must listen to what your saying. God is not just the God of love, God is Love itself. God is Living Love.
My argument is philosophical but can be grasped I think.
Just think of God as Living Love when you read this.
If God is infinite how can He be everywhere and yet entirely in one place at the same time?
An easy way to understand this is if God loves us infinitely in the space we occupy which is a finite space then we only occupy a small piece of space where God exists. Yet this finite piece of God loves us infinitely. God does not just love us with a small piece of His being though, This finite piece of God loves us infinitely. It’s the same in heaven. Although we occupy only a small finite piece of Gods being , God still loves us infinitely. God does not just love us with a small finite piece of His being, He loves us completely and infinitely. We see and experience infinite love in our small finite place within God, in heaven.
The infinite love of God we exist in either now or in heaven is God. God is infinite and eternal Living Love. The infinite love of God exists in even the most infinitesimal part of Him and God is this infinitesimal piece of Himself in His entirety. This is how the infinite can occupy a finite space within God.It’s hard to understand for all, but this hopefully explains how God can be everywhere and in one place at the same time, or how God can be present in His infinite entirety even in an infinitesimal space.
To understand this theory it’s necessary to understand God is a being not like any we know so we need to try and understand a being who is infinite and eternal Living Love.
This may help explain how you can fit the entire infinite God into the smallest parts of the Host and Precious Blood from the Holy Mass.

Hope you like my theory. Any thoughts, ideas, questions are welcome.

God bless you all:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

[FONT=Arial Narrow]My dear friends[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]Did noone like my theory? I think I stumbled to explain it. Here is a bit of clarification.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]Maybe others don’t understand my theory. I’m not a theologian and must use simple language I understand. What it’s saying is that God is present entirely in every infinitesimal space within Himself. This is because He is infinite Love and every infinitesimal part of Him is infinite love. He is infinite and eternal Living Love. So no matter which part of God your in He is completely present there because infinite love is present there. This explains how God can be completely present in the finite eucharist. Is it not easy to understand? I know I’m talking about something completely foreign to us but it answers some serious questions I thought, and I thought a person of modest intelligence like mine could understand the concept pretty well. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]Does my theory make sense to anyone?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]God bless all:thumbsup::)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Narrow]John[/FONT]

Thinking about God and trying to understand him utilizing familiar concepts (anchored by solid orthodoxy) is a worthwhile thing to do (IMHO). That being said, although your theory may help you to become closer to God, it doesn’t work for me. When you said:

This may help explain how you can fit the entire infinite God into the smallest parts of the Host and Precious Blood from the Holy Mass.

It strikes me that you are being inconsistent. When we talk about God having an infinite characteristic, we are not talking about a thing that can be measured with some sort of unit of measurement and that God possesses an infinite number of these “units” of love or of justice etc.,…but when you transition to speaking about " the smallest parts of the Host" you are now talking about volume (a thing that is very much measured by standard units). One does not need to worry about how an “infinite amount” of (non-material) love can fit into a 8 once (material) mug b/c love doesn’t actually come in material amounts.

sorry…I’ll try to be more receptive with your next theory :wink:

My dear friend

I know I explained it poorly. Try this for my latest concept which goes into this forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=352666 And take no notice of the 666 at the end of the link. I’m sure it’s coincidence?
Or a positive sign???

God bless you:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

God is everywhere because He is infinite.

God is in the Eucharist because the bread and wine have become Jesus Christ, God Incarnate.

God is everywhere, and in Jesus God is married to mankind. Hence, He is united to our souls.

My dear friend Eucharisted

Are you sure your only 23 y.o. ? Very good. You belong in a seminary if your able you know.

God bless you:thumbsup::slight_smile:
John

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.