A very hard situation; prayers needed

**** My Mother is trying to stop me from beliving in GOD…
She says that it’s all just a stupid story that isn’t real. http://catholicforum.goodcatholicsite.com/images/smilies/sad.gif****

Today we had a religion dispute and she said that I am annoying her so much with my faith so she’s going to move me away from her house.
I have no clue where is she going to move me to but I am afraid and need your prayers… http://catholicforum.goodcatholicsite.com/images/smilies/sad.gif

God bless,
Victoria.

Just have Faith. I dont see how your mom could move you? I dont know how she could not have faith in God because she is jewish. But than again I have had some Jewish friends that do not belive. I think Mom is the one that is stupid. How can we belive all these things happen without God. How are babies born, or the sun shines or things grow but without the grave of God.

Getting you to stop believing in God is harder than stopping a tsunami. Keep the faith, and pray always for your mom’s conversion. She doesn’t need to know that you are praying for her either. We will pray also.

PS Last Sunday, we heard about the Beatitudes. Blessed are you who are persecuted for my name’s sake. Your’s is the kingdom of God.

stbruno is right, prayers will do more than arguing. Meekness would suggest itself here, is it possible to just quietly say that you disagree with her, but you love her for her strength of conviction anyway? (Some folks can live and let live, some feel driven to convert everyone to their way of thinking.) Perhaps something about your faith scares her? Something that surpasseth all understanding can be very frightening. It’s ‘illogic’ of it. Logic is ‘safe’ and can be measured, debated and quantified. Logic is considered a sign of intelligence. Faith…can’t. So some folks sadly consider it a sign of stupidity. It is a precious, and beautiful gift, and I rejoice that you have been given it. Treasure and nurture it, but it does not have to be confrontational. (Love works better than logic.) I will pray very hard for your mother, that she will be gifted with a change of heart, and her love for you will surpass all of her bewilderment over just ‘what has gotten into you’ (as my parents would put it)…as one friend I have (who is agnostic!) put it, “if you have faith, no explaination is necessary, if you don’t, then no explaination will work” Be strong. Becoming a saint ain’t for sissies!

[quote=DrBull]**** ****Today we had a religion dispute and she said that I am annoying her so much with my faith so she’s going to move me away from her house.
God bless,
Victoria.
[/quote]

Victoria, knowing that you are 13, where would your mother move you? Do you have a relative somewhere that she would send you to? All you can do right now is pray…pray hard for your mother.

Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
(Matthew 5:10)

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven.
(Matthew 5:11,12)

All men will hate you because of me. But not a hair of your head will perish. By standing firm you will gain life.
(Luke 21:17-19)

In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil men and imposters will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
(2 Tim 3:12)

But even if our gospel is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, whose minds the god of this age has blinded, who do not believe lest the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ should shine on them.
(2 Corinithians 3,4)

[left]Firstly I would advise you to pray as the other have, but also I would talk again with you mother (provided she is not extreamly angry). Ask her what about your belif in God she see’s as wrong. Ask her to be understanding and simpathetic to your belifes. Talk to you pastor, ask him for advice, perhaps even (depending on how your mother would react) ask him to speak to your mom. Whatever you do, do not give up Christ. He see’s you and knows your sufferings. Offer up mass for your mother, ask God to make her more understanding. Be aware that God sees you, loves you, and all you sufferings will payoff in the end.

Hold on, just hold on.
[/left]

Dear Lord,
Sometimes, even if we don’t want to, we find ourselves in situations that grow beyond our control. Here a mother and child are at opposite ends of a subject which is tearing both of them apart.
We do not always understand why those close to us would refuse to believe in you when we do, but you see what we cannot see, and therefore you have a better understanding of what is motivating this mother to believe the way she does. In your own good time, provide the light needed to see things from your perspective so that a mother can be at peace with herself and her loved ones.
Sometimes a parent refuses to see what is happening in the life of a child, and why that child, now an adult in his or her own right, believes what he or she does contrary to what a parent believes. Move the child to the best spiritual medium possible.
Reconcile mother and child in your own love so that they may know each other in each other’s love.
Hear our groaning,
For your love sake,
Amen

Praying for you.

God bless

Praying for you and your mom.

Praying to Our Lady for her intercession…

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Praying for you, trust in the holy father he will guide you and your mum:gopray2:

Dear Victoria…I feel deeply for you indeed. Praying for your mother and for the situation generally. I hope something will change…Barb

J†M†J
Praying for your intentions:

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Dearest Victoria, I applaud your courage in the face of adversity. At such a tender age, you remain faithful despite your Mother’s refusal to accept your faith. God be with you!

"Whoever receives you receives me, and whoever receives me receives the one who sent me."
Matthew 10:40

Lord, watch over your child and her Mother here on earth, grant them your love and forgiveness, that they may not be driven apart by this dispute, but that Victoria’s profound faith may overflow onto her mother, like your love and mercy overflows onto us. May you grant this child strength Lord, to continue her journey. Remain at her side Lord, bringing comfort and strength as she carries her cross. May she find peace in knowing that you shall be with her every day, whatever challenges she faces, and wherever she may face them.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
On earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our Daily Bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us,
And lead us not into temptation,
But deliver us from evil.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.