A world gone mad

Reading and hearing the latest headlines, I can't help to be reminded of the song by "Tears For Fear"....."Mad World." :eek:!!! It is so sad that so many people are either loosing faith and or perspective, that they appear to be driven to do terrible things. In some situations, some people simply have not been taught that certain actions and perspectives are wrong. They don't know scripture and in some cases have been taught heresy. That seems to be going on an awful lot now. Some churches are giving people doctrine that accommodates their sinful lifestyle. "Don't tell me that living outside of marriage with my lover is wrong, just tell me about the goodness of God." "Don't tell me that I cannot live a gay lifestyle. Some have even asked, "where in the Bible does it say that it's wrong?" The truth is, the Bible CONDEMNS both the acts of homosexuality, as well as promiscuity between both men and women and those of the same gender. Most people that claim that it doesn't have more than likely never actually read the Bible. Another heresy that is going around is the disbelief that there is no hell. Well, unfortunately, and sadly, it does. Just as Mother Angelica once said, "just because you've never been there, doesn't mean that it doesn't exist."
Many people believe that hell is on earth, but there is nothing on earth that can compare to the misery of eternity in hell. There have been a few christians that have actually and briefly been allowed by the almighty to glimpse this terrible place and from their testimonies, this is no place that anyone in their right mind would want to spend the rest of eternity. Because hell is real than the devil or Lucifer the enemy of God is real also, and his influence in the world is seen daily and all too often. Of course so much of the misery that is in the world is because of man's fallen nature and the fact that we bring a lot of horror on ourselves, but the devil is more than willing to assist us in completing our downward spiral spirtually. His influence is far reaching and disturbing. Financial institutions have no real interest in the whole idea of redistribution of wealth, or making things easier for working people and the poor. Their bottom line is money and the acquisition of wealth.
The gospel of Christ is not being preached and or not being fully realized in our world. The church has always faced an uphill battle when it came to convincing the world to look to Christ for the answers to its salvation, but as the times we live in become more challenging there are many that want to hush up the voice of the Church. Some factions want the church to conform to the way of the world. The church must not!!! What was true when Jesus dwelled among men in the flesh is true today.. God has not changed. God is the same yesterday, today and forever, and what was true for the founders of the faith is true for the church even now. The word of God stands as it is...man has no right to even attempt to alter it. In a world gone mad, the answer continues to be Jesus. In a world gone mad....it is the words of the one and true God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob that ring true througout time, and beyond eternity.[BIBLEDRB][/BIBLEDRB] The grace of God is still everpresent, and his mercies are new each and everyday. We must pray daily, pray consistantly...pray without ceasing, even now..., most especially now when evil seems so rampant...in a world gone mad.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.