[Aaron] Hernandez friend convicted of accessory to murder, acquitted of murder in Odin Lloyd death

A jury has convicted Ernest Wallace of accessory to murder after the fact in the 2013 death of Odin Lloyd.

Wallace, 41, was acquitted of murder.

According to the Bristol County District Attorney, Wallace was sentenced to four-and-a-half to seven years in state prison.

Wallace is the second of three men to go on trial for the 2013 murder. He was accused of first degree murder.

…]

DA Thomas Quinn released a statement:

"I very much respect the jury's verdict. They apparently felt there wasn't sufficient evidence to prove Mr. Wallace and Mr. Hernandez were acting in concert to kill Odin Lloyd. I am happy the jury found the defendant guilty of accessory after the fact to murder, and was involved in the attempt to cover up the crime. I am pleased he will serve a state prison sentence. I have great respect for the jury system and want to thank the members of the jury for their service in a long trial. I would also like to express my appreciation and admiration for the efforts of our prosecutorial and investigatory team. They have made great personal sacrifices to obtain justice for Odin Lloyd, his family and the community."

whdh.com/story/31960473/ernest-wallace-convicted-of-accessory-to-murder-acquitted-of-murder-in-odin-lloyd-death

Aaron Hernandez is a murderer but I still feel sorry for him. I wish that I could have heard the closing arguments and the trial, but Judge Susan B. Garsh prohibited cameras after someone accidentally revealed the face of one of the jurors during the first day of the trial. The prosecutors gave a strong case against Hernandez, at least strong enough to convince me, someone who is sympathetic to him, that he had a premeditated plan to kill Lloyd. I must admit that watching that trial gave me some respect for the United States’ legal system. I wanted to see their case against Ernest Wallace; it seemed like that the prosecutors played their best cards in order to secure a conviction for Aaron Hernandez, by arguing that he was in charge the entire time, by texting Carlos Ortiz and Wallace to summon them and drove the car to the vacant lot where Lloyd was murdered.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.