ABC News Uncovers ‘Operation Northwoods’

Just so most people know, this information has been declassified for a long time now, but our MSM will almost never report things like this since they would expose the evils some people in our government have done and think of doing:

truthera.com/2007/05/29/abc-news-uncovers-operation-northwoods/

"From the news article: In the early 1960s, America’s top military leaders reportedly drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for a war against Cuba.

Code named Operation Northwoods, the plans reportedly included the possible assassination of Cuban émigrés, sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities.

The plans were developed as ways to trick the American public and the international community into supporting a war to oust Cuba’s then new leader, communist Fidel Castro. America’s top military brass even contemplated causing U.S. military casualties, writing: “We could blow up a U.S. ship in Guantanamo Bay and blame Cuba,” and, “casualty lists in U.S. newspapers would cause a helpful wave of national indignation.”

I’ve heard about that years ago on the History Channel.

a lot of stuff about the US and Cuba was uncovered in the wake of the Watergate investigations and published at that time, at least by the late 70s this was known, part of the policy that led to the bay of pigs fiasco. old news. reason for posting it on this forum is?

I posted this to show the incompetence of MSM outlets like ABC news in only “discovering” this now, despite the fact places like Wikipedia have had this forever!

Moving thread

This piece talks about an ABC article from 2001, that is not a current news article.

Discussions concerning popular media should be placed in the Popular Media forum.

Moving thread to Popular Media

I think these attempts on the part of our government (the early
60s were the Kennedy and Johnson Administrations) are absolute abominations.

Still, I have no sympathy whatsoever for that
brutal communist goon Fidel Castro. The sooner he
and his filthy regime are gone, the better for the Cuban people and for the world.

Please pray for God to free Cuba.
And you might want to throw in a prayer for Venezuela now, too.
Chavez is really starting to rule with an Iron Fist there.

God bless,
Jaypeeto4
+JMJ+

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.