Abiding in a conclusion

Hi all this seems like a pretty large community here and it’s always good to have those around. :slight_smile:

Today my thought is of my past relationship. I was with a girl for almost 5 years and was faithful to her but she ended up not being faithful to me as it turned out. We tried to restore but nothing happened. I hoped it could of but otherwise turned. Now it’s at the point where we tried and now she wants to be totally seperate from me, she’s not even talking to me now, the thing is that doesn’t add up a lot is she acted wrong against me so it seems like I’m the one whom did something, but not the case.

It’s just hard to believe when you can care for someone for so long and come to find out that they didn’t have that really at all and they weren’t being real. So can anyone send some support this way.

I would like to call her but I know she’s not going to answer her cell phone, she hasen’t the past like 5 times or more. I know it’s to the point now where there is nothing I can do unless she does something…but what would anybody do if they were here?

Thanks all, God bless.

If you are not married then you don’t really have any rights. The other person can terminate the relationship.

It is also not necessarily a good idea to marry a person with whom you have had a previous sexual relationship. It is up to debate. You could argue that it is a way of righting a wrong situation, and nowadays that it is the social convention to cohabit for a while before formalising the marriage. However you have no right to force someone to marry you on the strength of a sexual relationship.

Yes letting somone have their own beliefs is the only way you can allow them to choose and to be free and the free will of another is not of our choosing.

A basic way I know is that we all have free will but we must mostly not effect the free will of another. The past relationship I was in we weren’t married or nothing, we were just both unmarried people who had no kids just a couple of young adults in a relationship.

It’s just apart of me would like her back, but I know it’s probably not going to happen. I’m just looking for some wisdom and guidence here. It’s funny though how you can love someone with all your heart and it just didn’t work or matter. I don’t really believe in that all is fair love and war. Parts it may happen, but love in a relationship is a choice, not a war. It’s a choice to be with the other person to care for them, to be honest, to learn to grow with and to be fair to that person, would be to tell them how you feel and what you think.

SpiritFaith,

In the Catholic faith, living together and having sexual relations without being married (called fornication) is a serious sin against God. There is no way we would try to encourage or help you return to a sinful relationship. Rather, our advice would be to examine your conscience, admit and confess that you sinned, ask God’s forgiveness (go to confession if you are Catholic), and strive not to commit the sin again.

Galations 5:19 - 21 Now the works of the flesh are obvious: fornication, impurity, licentiousness, idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, anger, quarrels, dissensions, factions, envy, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these. I am warning you, as I warned you before: those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

God bless you and help you in your journey to Him,

Nita

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.