Abortion battle comes to Baltimore

Abortion battle comes to Baltimore

Both sides of the abortion debate will be focusing on Baltimore on Monday, when the City Council is expected to approve a first-in-the-nation law that would impose new regulations on faith-based organizations that try to steer women away from the procedure.
The measure, introduced by council President Stephanie C. Rawlings-Blake at the behest of Planned Parenthood of Maryland, would require organizations such as the Greater Baltimore Center for Pregnancy Concerns to post signs saying they do not provide or make referrals for abortion or birth control.
Proponents say such organizations give false or misleading information about the effects of abortion and birth control. Pregnant women, they say, should be told when they are not being given access to all of the options legally available to them.
Keiren Havens, vice president of Planned Parenthood of Maryland, says the local effort could serve as a national model.
"We've been very concerned about crisis pregnancy centers for quite a while," she said. "There's a growing national network of crisis pregnancy centers that are specifically designed to target what they call abortion-vulnerable women and deny them full medical information about abortion and contraception, including referrals for those services. And that's of great concern to us just as a public health issue."
"It's not asking these centers to provide any sort of service that they find objectionable," added Jennifer Blasdell, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland. "It's just asking them to disclose what is true."

more...

Wrong in so many ways:mad:

To make this fair we should force PP to post warnings of the effects of abortion. After all, "It's just asking them to disclose what is true.":mad:

If these people force Crisis Pregnancy centers to post signs saying "We do not provide birth control or abortion services" the abortion clinics should post signs saying "We do not tell you the truth, that when you are pregnant it is not a lump of tissue, it is a baby!"

They should have to show ultrasounds of the living baby to the mother prior to the abortion & videos of the actual horrors of the murder of an innocent, living human baby, that is abortion! Watch here priestsforlife.org/images/index.aspx

Here's a comment from a pro abortion (murder) person on the article "Abortion providers are required to provide full disclosure of the physical and emotional consequences of abortion. Anti-choice activists want abortion providers to lie to patients and tell them that abortion will cause them to become sterile, suicidal, and at a higher risk of breast cancer - all statements which are medically untrue.

**So abortion is good? It really helps women feel good about themselves & doesn't cause emotional trauma for life? These people are the worst liars i have ever seen, talk about brainwashed.

Listen to women who have had abortions tell the the Truth about the horrors caused by their "Choice!" silentnomoreawareness.org/
Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

[quote="buffalo, post:1, topic:177394"]
Abortion battle comes to Baltimore "It's not asking these centers to provide any sort of service that they find objectionable," added Jennifer Blasdell, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Maryland. "It's just asking them to disclose what is true."

[/quote]

I'm all for full disclosure. Presumably these centers were not advertising abortion services.

In the interest of full disclosure, I presume that abortion clinics will also provide patients with ultrasounds and information about the gestational age of their unborn children. I hope that PP will also disclose the percentage of their income that comes from performing abortion, and disclose that the do not provide the same services provided by pro-life centers.

I wonder if the local Planned Parenthood center would like to disclose how many pregnant women they have referred to the local crisis pregnancy center when said women asked for assistance OTHER than abortion. I'm thinking ZERO.... That's a lot of gall right there.

Does Planned Parenthood even offer any assistance whatsoever to pregnant women who want to keep their babies? Do they connect women with housing? Do they provide baby care products, car seats, cribs, diapers, a network of assistance?

It seems to me that Planned Parenthood clinics should be the ones carrying disclosure signs: "Warning to Pregnant Women! All we want to do here is take your money and kill your baby."

I've heard about this for weeks now. Also, the council president could become our next mayor if the current mayor is convicted and impeached (fraud and corruption).

(A funny or ironic side note - When my dad was still working, he had this apprentice who's father was the driver for Ron Lipscomb, who was involved in corruption with Shiela Dixon. :whacky: But that's something for another thread, and probably forum.) Oh, and Mayor Dixon was the former city council president.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.