Abortion Bombshell Priority

Please read:

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2008/jun/08061010.html

Oh Dear Lord Have Mercy on us All!!!

I read this before and it makes me sick. :mad: :crying: What’s almost more disturbing than this article is the fact that MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of people in this country are blindly following him. :hypno: :banghead:

I read this before and yep–it’s very disturbing. God help us!

#1 priority?! With everything else that’s facing us? Not only is it sick, it proves how stupid and unready this individual is for the job he seeks!:mad:

I can’t access the link…it’s blocked on my work computer…anyone care to paraphrase what it’s about? :slight_smile:

This is why we as Catholics need to educate others and get involved in Prolife issues. So many do not know this about him and just like the other issues he talks about. In my mind this is the most important issue on the ballot. We need to protect the most vulernable in our society.

For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world :gopray:

We can’t talk about the election on here and this will be shut down soon. That is why it is absolutely crucial that each and every one of us forward to everyone in our address books, articles about him like this.

This man can not be allowed in the White House.

~Liza

An excerpt from the link you can’t access:

Obama’s Abortion Bombshell: Unrestricted Abortion Over Wishes of Individual States a Priority for Presidency
By Peter J. Smith

WASHINGTON, D.C., June 10, 2008 (LifeSiteNews.com) - Barack Obama, the presumptive pro-abortion nominee of the Democratic Party, has plans to reward the allies that helped him topple Hillary Clinton from her throne by making total unrestricted abortion in the United States his number one priority as president.

In light of Obama’s recently achieved status as the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee, Focus on the Family’s CitizenLink has decided to remind its supporters that almost one year has passed since Obama made his vows to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund that abortion would be the first priority of his administration.

“The first thing I’d do as president is sign the Freedom of Choice Act,” Obama said in his July speech to abortion advocates worried about the increase of pro-life legislation at the state level.

The Freedom of Choice Act (FOCA) is legislation Obama has co-sponsored along with 18 other senators that would annihilate every single state law limiting or regulating abortion, including the federal ban on partial birth abortion.

Yes, and I hope I don’t get the thread shut down by quoting from the article. However, in my mind, this is a vital issue in the protection of the unborn, which I think trumps comparing candidates. I think you’re right, we need to get the word out through out personal email and IRL as well.

Thanks, Belle! :slight_smile:

I am definitely going to use that article IRL…I work with and know so many people who talk about how they are not even gonna vote because they don’t like either presidential candidate. Perhaps this article will make them realize they have a responsibility as Catholics to use their vote to help prevent the loss of the progress made by the Pro-life movement.

We should always pray for conversion of heart. The quotes in this article are a year old, there are plenty of sites where you can discuss the current statements and politics.

What does that have to do with anything? It’s still what he has pledged to do…

Please tell them that they SHOULD vote but do more research than one Article.

For instance… go out to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and look at the Abortion stats since RvW and remember that the last 3 years aren’t there.

See a trend? See the Trend in the 80s? See the trend… MOST IMORTANTLY in the 90s?

Before someone gets too up in arms over what a canidate “says” lets looks at what His or Her actions produce.

Why is it that abortions have gone up, that’s right MORE innocent life killed during these Pro-Life Presidents than the Pro-Choice ones? what’s going on?

The canidate listed is Pro-Choice, just like MOST people in this Democracy… note the word Democracy.

What WE as Pro-Life Christians must do is to change that culture. You are never going to change something by forcing an issue.

Rather we should figure out how to get abortions down and how to get the economy back up (hint that is the answer to why the Pro-Choice President’s numbers went down)

Once the numbers begin to drop and less and less people are having abortions, then we can truly work on culture change and mindset change.

It is only then that we will ever overturn RvW. We don’t stop supporting our Pro-Life movement but we also take a step back an realize that the economic policies of many “stated” Pro-Life canidates are having the opposite effect.

I would encourage everyone to truly research this issue if it really matters to you, and by research I mean not just reading articles on the standard Pro-Life sites that are paid for by right-wing lobbiests.

Joe

The title of this thread was “bombshell” it is more like yesteryear’s news. This is an old old story. If someone does not know where the candiates stand on the issue by now, they have been in a coma or living under a rock.

Oh, I see what you meant. Sadly though, many people don’t educate themselves on what candidates stand for.

My degree in is political science and I consider myself quite educated in this area, and while I knew he was for abortion, I didn’t hear about what this particular article states until a few weeks ago. So while I get your point, I think it’s still good that the OP shared this information if, for no other reason, to underscore the importance of this election.

I absolutely agree!!! I don’t care if this article is a year old - one year ago he was not the candidate for his party. This IS now current because of that new status. I for one didn’t see this article a year ago - and if he has changed his position, then show me where he has done that and we can reconsider the content of the article. Until then, I will assume that this is where he stands and will act accordingly in November.

~Liza

I wonder who he’d appoint for the Supreme Court.

One of the reasons why a lot of young votes like Obama is because he’s pro-choice, and the youth want freedom and rights of their own. Not only that, but being pro-choice today means being anti-Christian, and anti-Christianity is the new big thing this millenium. And I wonder if anyone knows what American children are taught about the Catholic Church in history class?

Getting back on topic, I really hope Obama isn’t made President, because if he is, you can say goodbye to the Pro-Life Movement. He’s so convinced that abortion is about women’s rights, rather than about human dignity, that he’s willing to break “Thou shalt not kill”; and if he’s willing to break one commandment, who’s to say he won’t break the rest of them? But that’s kind of getting off topic again.

Finally, the article is a bit outdated, but since Obama hasn’t changed his position on abortion yet, I’d say it’s still relevent. Though if you want to learn about his latest political positions, a good source is Wikipedia. But make sure to check the sources of information on Wikipedia, because anyone could edit its articles.

Please take a moment to view this:

snopes.com/politics/obama/blackwell.asp

When I get emails/links such as the one above I always use snopes to confirm/deny.

Talk about “blindly following”. Look at you all. Abortion is left up to the state and the supreme court. It doesn’t matter what Obama believes. Why don’t you guys read the quotes, and realize what is being said before and after them is the opinion of that site.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.