Abortion condoned by Catholic bishops?

Hi,

On September 27th on our local radio it was reported that the
Catholic Bishops here in America will condone abortion under
certain circumstances. Called PLAN B???:confused:

The wording is so upside down to me, :shrug: and was this
taken out of context as the media usually does?:tsktsk:
Perhaps this forum discussed this matter, but incidents here at
home prevented me from any inquiry until now.
Thank you for any response. [ATTACH]1876[/ATTACH]

Never heard that before.

My daughter asked me to send this out into cyberspace.

Margaret Sanger
Founder of Planned Parenthood

dianedew.com/sanger.htm

Wait until you hear it from the horse’s mouth. Don’t believe everything in the media.

The media often gets things wrong. Even most bishops who aren’t particularly orthodox probably won’t openly dissent from the Church on this issue. There may be those that do, but it has little to do with the current age or the usual reasons many ultra-traditional groups blame for all the ills of the Church and of society. Consider the centuries-old quote from St. John Chrysostom- “The floor of hell is paved with the skulls of rotten bishops.”

Pray for our bishops.

Jimmy Akin has a blog post about this subject.

jimmyakin.typepad.com/defensor_fidei/2007/09/bad-news-in-con.html

Actually is the use of Contraception

See Article:

catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=25541

I disagree with the decision. It’s the Catholic Hospital. The article states:

HARTFORD, Conn. (CNS) – Connecticut’s four Catholic hospitals will provide emergency contraception to rape victims without requiring an ovulation test, in compliance with a new state law that takes effect Oct. 1.

In a joint statement Sept. 27, the Catholic bishops and leaders of Catholic hospitals in the state said that, although they continue to believe that the law is flawed and should be changed, they would revise current protocols at the hospitals that call for both a pregnancy test and an ovulation test before the “morning-after” pill marketed as Plan B is administered.

“To administer Plan B pills in Catholic hospitals to victims of rape, a pregnancy test to determine that the woman has not conceived is sufficient,” the statement said. “The administration of Plan B pills in this instance cannot be judged to be the commission of an abortion because of such doubt about how Plan B pills and similar drugs work and because of the current impossibility of knowing from the ovulation test whether a new life is present.”

Plan B, containing a high dose of birth control pills, usually prevents pregnancy if taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex.

“To administer Plan B pills without an ovulation test is not an intrinsically evil act,” the bishops and health care leaders said.

Our parish Priest blasted into this in his homily this Sunday saying a certain “squeaky wheel” in Rome is going to set things straight. He said he was “past all due respect” concerning this. Tim

The bishops in one State, forget which, agreed to allow the Plan B abortion pill in cases of rape.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.